Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, The April 1 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the week’s headlines (No April’s fool’s questions). On the Russia-Ukraine front: How many Ukrainian kids were displaced since the invasion? In arts: The famous NY Whitney is a museum of what? And in Oscars: What’s alopecia? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly quiz questions and answers trivia game begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Extra Current Events Trivia Quizzes for this Weekend
Take the April 1 News Quiz of the Week as a Video Quiz
It seems everybody these days has publicly declared their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute Ukraine’s heroic battle for democracy as we stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy extends to the Russian people, Belarusians, and all who suffer under oppressive governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
Sources for the April 1 News Quiz of the Week
- Foo Fighters cancel all dates following drummer’s death (AP News)
- A girl and her hamster: Half of Ukraine’s children flee war (AP News)
- Keanu Reeves axed by Chinese video platforms after Tibet concert (Reuters)
- Will Smith smacks Chris Rock on stage, then wins an Oscar (Reuters)
- New York’s Whitney Biennial art show spans generations, media, borders (Reuters)
- ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Trailer: Tom Cruise Has Need For Speed Again (Deadline)
- Biden Signs Bill to Make Lynching a Federal Crime (nytimes.com)
- Cartier and other Richemont labels leave Responsible Jewellery Council (Reuters)
- Bruce Willis to retire from acting due to aphasia diagnosis (The Guardian)
- DC to Sell 200,000 Batman Cowl NFTs, Eyeing $60 Million Haul (Variety)
April 1 News Quiz Weekly Questions List
Who is the first woman to win both directing and writing Academy Awards?
Screenshot: 94th Academy Awards / ABCJane Campion.Kathryn Bigelow.Chloé Zhao.Sofia Coppola.
Screenshot: 94th Academy Awards / ABCA state of tiredness.Skeletal muscle weakness.Blood cell deficiency.Hair loss.
Who was Taylor Hawkins drumming for before joining the Foo Fighters?
Photo: Thomson200, CC0, via Wikimedia CommonsAlanis Morissette.Nirvana.Rage Against The Machine.The Police.
As of the end of March 2022, how many Ukrainian children had to leave their homes?6.3 million.4.3 million.2.3 million.300,000.
Why did China "cancel" Keanu Reeves?
Screenshot: The Matrix Resurrections / Warner Bros. PicturesHe participated in a Taiwan-related fundraiser.He participated in a Hong Kong-related demonstration.He participated in a Tibet-related virtual concert.He compared Xi Jinping to Winnie-the-Pooh.
The famous New York "Whitney" is a Museum for what?
Photo: MusikAnimal, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsAmerican Art.Modern Art.Fine Arts.Contemporary Art.
Who was "Goose" in the original Top Gun movie?
Screenshot: Top Gun: Maverick / Paramount PicturesTom Cruise.Anthony Edwards.Val Kilmer.Noah Wyle.
When did lynching become a federal crime in the US?
Screenshot: The White House on YouTubeIn 1877.In 1900.In 1950.In 2022.Pandora.Richemont group (Cartier).De Beers.Alrosa.A language disorder.A hearing disorder.An inability to process sensory information.A visual processing disorder.
What are these?
Screenshot: DC Bat Cowls on TwitterBatman Cowls seen in “The Batman”.Batman Cowl NFTs.Cowls created by Jeff Koons.Superhero Cowls from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes