Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, The Apr. 22 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the week’s headlines. On the Russia-Ukraine front: What was the Moskva? In Business: What’s Twitter’s poison pill? And in Animals: How old is the world’s oldest gorilla? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game begins when you hit “Start Quiz” with the week’s best trivia questions and answers.
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Events Quizzes for this Weekend
Take the Apr. 22 News Video Quiz
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has publicly declared their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute Ukraine’s heroic battle for democracy as we stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy extends to the Russian people, Belarusians, and all who suffer under oppressive governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
Sources for the Apr. 22 News Quiz of the Week
- Legal Marijuana Sales Expected to Start Within Weeks in New Jersey (nytimes.com)
- Britney Spears confuses some with Instagram pregnancy news (AP News)
- Hugh Laurie brings Agatha Christie murder mystery to TV (Reuters)
- Russian warship sinks; Ukraine says its missile is responsible (Reuters)
- The oldest known gorilla in the world just turned 65 (CNN)
- Twitter says poison pill makes ‘coercive’ takeover difficult (AP News)
- J. Kenji López-Alt wants you to be a wok star in the kitchen (AP News)
- “The Batman” on HBO Max: Five questions to ponder while watching (The Washington Post)
- Amy Schumer Has Hair-Pulling Disorder Trichotillomania (buzzfeed.com)
- Jennifer Grey: Don’t Call Her ‘Baby’ (nytimes.com)
The Apr. 22 News Quiz Questions List
Massachusetts was the first state on the East Coast to permit recreational cannabis sales. Which is the second?
Screenshot: Clerks / MiramaxNew Jersey.New York.Connecticut.Virginia.
How old was Britney Spears when she had her first baby?
Photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rhysadams/, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons22.214.171.124.
Who penned the 1934 murder mystery novel "Why Didn't They Ask Evans?"?
Photo: Joop van Bilsen / Anefo, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons, colorizedAgatha Christie.Jane Austen.Daphne Du Maurier.Gillian Flynn.
What was the Russian cruiser Moskva?
Image: Boris Groh, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsA six-passenger monoplane.A type of tank.A long-distance sailing yacht.A guided-missile cruiser.
How old is the oldest known gorilla in the world?126.96.36.199.
What's Twitter's poison pill?A plan to shut down the company’s operations.A plan to force the company to minimize earnings.A plan to dilute a buyer’s stake in the company.A plan to clean out the company’s bank account.A large pot for cooking over an open fire originated in the Bronze Age.A thick-walled cooking pot with a tight lid originated in the Netherlands.A deep round-bottomed cooking pot originated in China.An automated kitchen appliance designed to prepare rice originated in Japan.
Which Nirvana song is featured in 2022's The Batman?
Screenshot: The Batman / DC Comics / HBO MaxCome as you are.Heart-shaped box.Smells like teen spirit.Something in the Way.
Screenshot: The Howard Stern Show on YouTubeA disorder that causes people to pull out their hair.A disorder that causes people to eat their hair.A disorder that causes people to bite their fingernails.A disorder that causes people to try to tear their nails off.
What was Jennifer Grey's character name on 1987's Dirty Dancing?
Screenshot: Dirty Dancing / Vestron PicturesBabe.Baby.Barb.Barbie.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes