July 15, 2022.
Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the July 15 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the last seven days’ headlines. In business news: What’s Uber’s “Kill Switch”? In TV news: Which TV show earned the most nominations for 2022’s Emmys? And in space: What’s Stephan’s Quintet? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Liked the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing to our FREE 😎 newsletter and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Quizzes for this Weekend
- 60 Best Questions for A Family Quiz – 2022
- July 28 News Quiz of the Week: Confession, Monkeypox
- BTS Quiz: Fun Essential BTS Questions and Answers (2022)
- Celebrity Deaths 2022: Memorial Quiz
- Netflix Quiz
- Current World Business Quiz
- World Food Quiz
- Disney Quiz 2022
- Black History Quiz 2022
- Outer Space Quiz
The July 15 News Quiz of the Week – VIDEO QUIZ
12 Questions from the passing news week, 30 Seconds per question. How smart are you this week?
Sources for the July 15 News Quiz of the Week
We crosscheck our current-events trivia facts with the world’s top news providers, research centers, and NGOs. Here’s a list of news articles that inspired this week’s news quiz. Consider it our reading recommendations for the weekend.
- Uber bosses told staff to use a ‘kill switch’ during raids to stop police from seeing data (The Guardian)
- EXPLAINER: Why Sri Lanka’s economy collapsed and what’s next (AP News)
- Lego to end all operations in Russia after an earlier halt to deliveries (The Guardian)
- Five takeaways from the 2022 Emmy nominations – and a few extras (NPR)
- See new images of space taken by NASA’s telescope (AP News)
- The Sopranos’ Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri, actor Tony Sirico, dies aged 79 (The Guardian)
- Netflix greenlights a ‘Stranger Things’ spin-off series to help build a franchise (Reuters)
- Japanese horseradish farmers fear for future amid climate change (Reuters)
- BTS documentary series, concert coming to Disney streaming services (Reuters)
- Netflix’s ‘Day Shift’ trailer: Jamie Foxx, Dave Franco, and Snoop Dogg hunt vampires (Mashable)
- Adam Wade, Network Game Show Pioneer, Is Dead at 87 (nytimes.com)
- A Global Hit, ‘Notre Dame de Paris’ Finally Lands in New York (nytimes.com)
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has to publically declare their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute their heroic battle for democracy. We stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy goes to the Russian people, Belarussians, and all who suffer under oppressing governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
The July 15 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a complete list of this weekend’s current events quiz questions.
What was Paulie's last name on The Sopranos?
Screenshot: The Sopranos / HBO
Who are Matt and Ross Duffer?
What's another name for Wasabi?
Photo: publicdomainq.net, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons
What's the focus of Disney+'s docu-series "BTS Monuments: Beyond the Star"?
Screenshot: Disney x HYBE Initial Announcement / Disney+
In Netflix's "Day Shift," Jamie Foxx and Snoop Dogg are what?
Screenshot: Day Shift / Netflix
Who was the first Black host of a US network television game show?
Who originally authored The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
Image: Aimé de Lemud, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Which TV show earned the most nominations for 2022's 74th Emmy awards?
What's in the picture?
Image: NASA, ESA, CSA, and STScI
- Download a Full Year of Quiz Questions | 2022 Quality Trivia
- Printable Quiz Rounds (in PDF and PowerPoint PPTx)