July 28, 2022.
Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the July 28 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the last seven days’ headlines. In political news: Where did Pope Francis visit this week? In Classic Rock news: Why won’t Pat Benatar perform her song “Hit Me with your Best Shot”? And in health news: The monkeypox outbreaks in Europe and North America are concentrated in which population? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More quizzes for this Weekend
- Google’s Gemini: The AI Powerhouse Shaking Up the Tech World
- 2023 Unwrapped: A Trivia Journey Through the Year’s Most Fascinating Moments
- 2023 Around the World: Discover, Learn, and Challenge
- Health Quiz 2022
- Celebrity Deaths 2022 Memorial Quiz
- Marvel’s MCU Quiz
- DC Universe Quiz
- Animals Quiz
- Current Business Quiz
- Social Media Quiz
- Classic Rock Quiz
- Classic Movies Quiz
- World History Quiz
- Black History Quiz
The July 28 News Quiz of the week VIDEO
12 Current events trivia questions, multiple choice answers, 30 seconds per question. GO!
Sources for the July 28 News Quiz of the Week
Our current-events trivia facts are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Here are our weekend reading recommendations.
- Pope Apologizes in Canada for Schools That Abused Indigenous Children (nytimes.com)
- UN health agency chief declares monkeypox a global emergency (AP News)
- Viktor Orbán sparks outrage with an attack on ‘race mixing’ in Europe (The Guardian)
- Monarch Butterflies Are Placed on IUCN Red List (nytimes.com)
- Amazon to buy primary care provider One Medical for $3.9B (AP News)
- Facebook gives users a new way to see all their friends’ posts (AP News)
- Jackie Robinson Museum Focuses on Civil Rights and Baseball (nytimes.com)
- Pat Benatar won’t perform ‘Hit Me with Your Best Shot’ anymore (Reuters)
- Don McLean looks back at his masterpiece, ‘American Pie’ (AP News)
- ‘Black Panther 2’ Trailer Unveils Marvel’s Return to Wakanda (Variety)
- Warner Bros. brings ‘Black Adam,’ ‘Shazam! 2’ to Comic-Con (AP News)
- Paul Sorvino, Master of the Mild-Mannered Mobster, Dies at 83 (nytimes.com)
The July 28 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a complete list of this weekend’s current events quiz questions.
The monkeypox outbreaks in Europe and North America are concentrated among who?
Image: Monkeypox virus, PDB-101.rcsb.org, CC BY 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsMen who have sex with men.People who visited Africa.Women with long COVID.People who work with animals.
In Black Panther, who is Shuri?
Screenshot: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever / Marvel EntertainmentBlack Panther's former lover.Black Panther's younger sister.The Queen Mother of Wakanda.The keeper of the heart-shaped herb.
Why do Black Adam and Shazam wear the same lightning bolt symbol?
Screenshots: Black Adam, Shazam! Fury of the Gods / Warner Bros. PicturesBoth were struck by lightning.They are the same person.The wizard Shazam drafted both.Both worked for Opel.
What is this?
Photo: USFWSmidwest, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsSmall tortoiseshell.Garden tiger moth.Mexican butterfly.The monarch butterfly.
Which tech giant is buying the primary care organization One Medical?Amazon.Netflix.Apple.Google.
What does the new Facebook Feeds tab include?
Screenshot: FacebookA news feed featuring posts selected by an algorithm.A news feed featuring posts selected by professional journalists.A chronological display of posts from Facebook friends.Paid content only.
Why won't Pat Benatar perform her song "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" at live shows?
Screenshot: CBS Sunday MorningOut of respect for the #MeToo movement.Out of respect for the Black Lives Matter movement.Out of respect for Americans hurt in the Jan. 6 Capitol riots.Out of respect for American families affected by mass shootings.
The original Hungarians were a mixture of which tribes?
Viktor Orban. Screenshot: Hír TV on YouTubeHuns, Finno-Ugric, and Caucasian.Mongols, Finno-Ugric, and Russ.Vikings, Saxons, and Caucasians.Chinese, Celtics, and Russ.
In Don McLean's classic American Pie, the lyrics "the day the music died" refer to which event?
Photo: JeremyWestby, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsElvis Presley's death.Buddy Holly’s death.The war in Vietnam.The assassination of John F Kennedy.
Who was the first African American to play Major League Baseball (MLB)?
Photo: Bob Sandberg Look photographer, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons, colorizedWillie Mays.Hank Aaron.Jackie Robinson.Babe Ruth.
Where was this picture of Pope Francis taken?
Screenshot: PBS NewsHour on YoutubeChile.Peru.The US.Canada.
Which movie starred Ray Liotta, Paul Sorvino, and Tony Sirico?
Screenshot: G********s / Warner Bros. PicturesGoodfellas.The Godfather.The saints of New Jersey.The Avengers.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes