July 31, 2022.
Are you looking to bring your loved ones together for a fun quiz evening that’s sure to be packed with laughter? A family trivia night can be a terrific way to enjoy quality time together, but finding the right questions can be tricky. We put together our 60 best family quiz questions with answers on ten exciting topics. Covering a wide array of quiz rounds, this is the perfect way to start a new tradition and make lasting memories.
Family Quiz Round One – Nature
The first quiz round to cover is one of the staples of any game, nature. These six unique questions and answers cover everything from natural phenomena to biology and are the perfect way to entertain your entire family.
- Question: What are water bears?
- Question: What is a Red Tide?
Answer: The discoloration of the sea surface by harmful algal blooms.
- Question: What are Ana, Elsa, Grace, and Ida?
Answer: Storm names of the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season.
- Question: How long might a coelacanth fish live?
Answer: Up to 100 years.
- Question: What is the world’s largest lizard?
Answer: Komodo Dragon
- Question: How many tree species are on Earth?
Answer: Roughly 73,300.
Looking for even more Nature questions and answers for your next quiz round? Check them out here!
Family Quiz Round Two – Animals
When it comes to questions for a family quiz, a question-and-answer round on animals is always an excellent choice. These unique six questions are challenging enough for the whole family and are sure to get your brain working as you look to score more than your loved ones!
- Question: Which rodent is a national symbol of Canada?
- Question: Who is Krypto the Superdog?
Answer: Superman’s Dog.
- Question: What’s the difference between a centipede and a millipede?
Answer: Centipedes have one pair of legs per body segment, while millipedes have two pairs.
- Question: What is the world’s largest penguin?
Answer: The emperor penguin.
- Question: Orca (killer whale) belongs to which marine family?
- Question: What’s connecting Bella, Luna, Lucy, and Daisy?
Answer: They’re the most popular female dog names in the US.
Want to discover more animal-related questions with multiple answers for a family quiz? You can find even more in our animals quiz.
Family Quiz Round Three – Countries Quiz
How is your geography knowledge? If you know your capital cities from your iconic landmarks, then our countries round offers the perfect questions for a family quiz. Featuring the latest statistics and information, this is your chance to shine.
- Question: Which country announced it would ban young people from buying cigarettes for life?
- Question: Trans-Dniester is a separatist province of which country?
- Question: How high is the Eiffel Tower?
Answer: 330 meters.
- Question: Where is the longest suspension bridge in the world?
- Question: The city of Memphis, Tennessee, is named after which country’s Memphis?
- Question: Where is one most likely to be greeted, “Allinllachu”?
Countries and geography are always a popular quiz round for any family gathering. These six questions are just a selection of questions and answers available, so find some more in our world countries trivia section.
Family Quiz Round Four – Children’s Classic Quiz
How well do you remember your childhood? Can you tell Elmo from your Dr. Suess? If so, then our children’s classic round is the perfect choice of questions for a family quiz. These questions and answers have been designed for all ages, so get started today.
- Question: What’s the longest-running children’s animated series on American television?
- Question: Who are Elmo, Jesse, and Rosita?
Answer: Sesame Street characters.
- Question: Who created Fraggle Rock in 1983?
Answer: Jim Henson.
- Question: What’s Minions 2’s official title?
Answer: Minions: The Rise of Gru.
- Question: What’s the most-viewed YouTube video ever?
Answer: Baby Shark Dance.
- Question: Dr. Seuss was a doctor (Ph.D.) of what?
Answer: He wasn’t a real doctor.
Looking for a few more questions and answers on your favorite childhood memories? Then check them out here!
Family Quiz Round Five – Movie Trivia
Looking for some fun and entertaining movie trivia questions for a family quiz? These blockbuster six questions cover everything from Oscar-winning actors to the latest family-friendly animations. So, if you’re looking for a movie question and answer round, here are six to get you started.
- Question: What is the first Pixar movie directly solely by a woman?
Answer: Turning Red.
- Question: How old is Jim Carrey in 2022?
- Question: Before “The Power of the Dog,” where else did Jesse Plemons and Kirsten Dunst play a romantic couple?
- Question: Who’s playing the new Batman in 2022?
Answer: Robert Pattinson.
- Question: Who was “Goose” in the original Top Gun movie?
Answer: Anthony Edwards.
- Question: What did Kate Winslet have to learn for her role in Avatar 2?
Answer: How to free dive.
Ready for some more movie-related questions and answers? Check them out here!
Family Quiz Round Six – TV Trivia
Do you love settling in for a night with your favorite box set? Is your knowledge of the latest TV shows second to none? These six questions for a family quiz cover everything from Emmy Award-winning shows to your favorite chat shows, so let’s begin.
- Question: Which TV show earned the most nominations for 2022’s 74th Emmy awards?
- Question: The 14th Dr. Who is, for the first time, what?
Answer: Played by a Black actor.
- Question: Who are Matt and Ross Duffer?
Answer: The twins who created “Stranger Things.”.
- Question: Which American late-night TV show spawned Apple TV’s Carpool Karaoke?
Answer: The Late Late Show With James Corden.
- Question: Which language did Glenn Close learn for her role in “Tehran”?
- Question: The 2022 Grammy Awards were the first to be what?
Answer: In Las Vegas.
If you fancy putting your knowledge to the test further, check out more of our TV Trivia questions and answers here.
Family Quiz Round Seven – Name the Celebrity
Celebrity culture is everywhere nowadays, so if you are looking for a fun and engaging quiz round that your whole family will love, this is your chance. These six questions have been designed to entertain loved ones of all ages, so take a look today.
- Question: Who is currently fourth in line to the British throne?
Answer: Princess Charlotte.
- Question: Who was the first Latina to win an Oscar?
Answer: Rita Moreno.
- Question: Who’s Twitter’s largest shareholder?
Answer: Elon Musk.
- Question: Who are Silk Sonic?
Answer: Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak.
- Question: Who’s playing Geppetto in Disney’s live-action remake of Pinocchio?
Answer: Tom Hanks.
- Question: Who was the first filmmaker nominated for the best director Oscars in six decades?
Answer: Steven Spielberg.
Of course, these are just a few Celebrity-related questions for a family quiz, so if you are looking for some more, this time with pictures – check out our name-the-celebrity picture quiz!
Family Quiz Round Eight – Guess the Celebrity Age
Do you reckon you know who was born first between President Biden and Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney? Looking for some entertaining questions for a family quiz that will have your loved ones debating for hours? If so, check out six great “guess the celebrity age” questions and answers:
- Question: Who’s older, Sir Paul McCartney or President Joe Biden?
Answer: McCartney. Both are 80 in 2022.
- Question: how old is the oldest BTS member?
- Question: How old is Tom Cruise?
- Question: How old is The Rock in 2022?
- Question: How old is Lindsey Lohan?
- Question: How old is Rebel Wilson in 2022?
Did you enjoy those? Put your knowledge to the test with more celebrity-age questions here!
Family Quiz Round Nine – Gaming Quiz
Looking for some gaming questions for a family quiz? Computers-games are one of the most significant sectors in the entertainment world, and these six questions will test your family’s memory and knowledge!
- Question: What’s Wordle?
Answer: A viral online wordplay game.
- Question: Which company owns Candy Crush and Call of Duty?
- Question: What do people mainly do on Twitch?
Answer: Watch video games with commentary.
- Question: Maki Kaji was the first to publish which game under its famous name?
- Question: Super Nintendo World opened in March 2021. Where?
Answer: Universal Studios Japan.
- Question: Who is Miles Morales?
Answer: Black Spider-Man.
If you are looking for more questions for a family quiz around the world of gaming, then check out some more questions and answers here!
Family Quiz Round Ten – Disney Quiz
Finally, no family quiz would be complete without a quiz round on the magical world of Disney. These six questions cover everything from the latest shows to classic Disney films – a fun way to involve the entire family.
- Question: Where did the story of Disney’s Mulan originate?
Answer: It’s based on an ancient Chinese poem describing historical events.
- Question: Who are Lilo and Stitch?
Answer: A Hawaiian girl and her alien genetically experimented creature friend.
- Question: 2021 Golden Globes best-animated movie, “Soul,” made history as what?
Answer: The first Pixar movie to have a Black character in the lead.
- Question: The 2021 movie “Jungle Cruise” is based on what?
Answer: Disneyland’s riverboat attraction.
- Question: How is Star Wars: Visions different from all the other Star Wars?
Answer: It’s in Japanese anime style.
- Question: What is the runtime of Spider-Man: No Way Home?
Answer: 2 hours, 28 minutes.
Not enough of the Disney questions and answers? Check out some more questions for a family quiz on our complete Disney Quiz!
Even more trivia night quiz rounds
- 60 Best Questions for A Family Quiz – 2022
- Quiz Category: Latest Business Trivia | 10 Rich Questions
- Download The Latest Printable Trivia Questions and Answers | PDF + PPTx
- Quiz Category: Classic Rock Trivia. 10 Epic Questions
- Quiz Category: Latest Nature Trivia | 10 Wonderful Questions
- Quiz Category: World Food Trivia. 10 Delicious Questions
What are good questions for a family quiz?
Our quizzes are a mix of current family oriented general knowledge questions with some pretty unusual family quiz questions. To make your family game night friendly, we made sure our questions fit all ages.
How do you make a family quiz?
This family trivia game is meant to be played in an age-diverse group. We recommend playing as one family unit – The family VS the quiz. Of course, competing family members against each other can also be fun. If you prefer multiple choice answers, please use the link to our online trivia quiz below each quiz round.
How well are these quiz questions researched?
Our trivia facts are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. To find sources and detailed answers please follow the link to our online trivia quiz below each quiz round.
- Download a Full Year of Quiz Questions | 2022 Quality Trivia
- Printable Quiz Rounds (in PDF and PowerPoint PPTx)
Featured Image: Library and Archives Canada, e010949328 / Bibliothèque et Archives Canada, e010949328, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons