Oct. 21, 2022.
Weekly News Quiz: Make sure you know what happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers. Test your knowledge of what’s happening worldwide and the week’s headlines with the Oct. 21 News Quiz of the Week. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions about current events. In the UK: What’s a Chancellor of the Exchequer? In Kanye West’s world: Did he apologize? And in space: What are the “Pillars of Creation”?
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
🎥 Play the Oct. 21 News VIDEO QUIZ
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Current Affairs Quizzes for this Weekend
- June 9 News Quiz: Who Bombed Ukraine’s Dam?
- June 2 News Quiz: How long has Erdogan been ruling Turkey?
- May 19 News Quiz: WTF did Musk do THIS week?
The Oct. 21 News Quiz VIDEO
12 Questions. 30 Seconds per answer. How many questions can you answer in 6 minutes?
This Week in the News
The facts on the Oct. 21 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Here are our weekend reading recommendations.
- UK inflation accelerates to a 40-year high as food prices rise (AP News)
- Landmark trial begins over Arkansas’ ban on trans youth care (AP News)
- The Ozone hole grew this year but still shrinking in general (AP News)
- Webb Telescope Captures New View of “Pillars of Creation” (nytimes.com)
- Anna May Wong Will Be the First Asian American on US Currency (nytimes.com)
- BBC marks 100 years of broadcasting history (AP News)
- Kanye West to Buy Parler, Joining the Right-Wing Social Media Crowd (nytimes.com)
- BTS members to do military service in South Korea (The Guardian)
- Actress Selma Blair departed the “Dancing with the Stars” competition over health concerns related to MS (CNN)
- The School for Good and Evil review – Netflix’s Harry Potter rip-off is a disaster (The Guardian)
- Bakery Creates ‘Pan Solo,’ a 6-Foot Replica of Star Wars Hero Made of Bread (nytimes.com)
The Oct. 21 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a complete list of current events trivia questions from the Oct. 21 News Quiz of the Week.
Which leader had the shortest tenure of any British prime minister?
Photo: Picture by Simon Dawson / No 10 Downing Street, OGL 3, via Wikimedia CommonsGeorge Canning.Liz Truss.Boris Johnson.Gordon Brown.
Why did actress Selma Blair leave 2022's "Dancing with the Stars"?
Screenshot: Dancing With The Stars / Disney+ on YouTubeHealth concerns related to MS.Harassment allegations.Failing to do the cha-cha-cha.Scheduling conflicts.
After what does BTS plan to come back together as a group "around 2025"?
Screenshot: Run BTS! - YouTubeAfter all seven members launch their solo careers.After all seven members complete their military service.After all seven members start a family.After all seven members finish school.
As of Oct. 2022, what's the size of the Antarctic ozone hole?
Image: NASA Ozone WatchAbout the size of Greenland.Smaller the size of Manhattan.Bigger than the size of North America.It's long gone.
What's gender-confirming (or gender-affirming) care?
Image: Jernej Furman at Flickr, CC BY 2.0Conversion “therapy.”Men’s health care.Women’s health care.Transgender health care.
The Han Solo in the picture is made of what?
Photo: One House Bakery FacebookBread.Sand.Clay.Carbonite.
In the UK, what's a Chancellor of the Exchequer?
Screenshot: Sky News - YouTubeA minister without a portfolio.The Treasury chief.A High Court justice.The senior lady in the Royal Household.
When was the BBC founded?1822.1872.1922.1972.
Who was Anna May Wong?
Image: Anna May Wong Quarter (usmint.gov)The first Chinese American CEO.The first Chinese American spy.The first Chinese American Olympic champion.The first Chinese American movie star.
A little over a week after Twitter and Instagram restricted Ye's accounts in response to antisemitic remarks in Oct. 2022, he did what?
Screenshot: Piers Morgan Uncensored - YouTubeBought his own social platform and apologized.Bought his own social platform.Apologized.Converted to Judaism.
What's in the picture?
Image: NASA, ESA, CSA, STScI; Joseph DePasquale (STScI), Anton M. Koekemoer (STScI), Alyssa Pagan (STScI)Andromeda galaxy.The “Pillars of Creation.”The Ursa Major (greater bear) constellation.Arctic clouds.
Who is this enchanting lady?
Screenshot: The School for Good and Evil / NetflixScarlett Johansson.Sharon Stone.Charlize Theron.Jessica Chastain.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes