May 19, 2023.
Our weekly news quiz tests your knowledge of the latest news stories every Friday. From Musk’s Turkey election scandal and his wild attack on George Soros to Queen Elizabeth II’s BAFTA win and the Martha Stewart swimsuit cover, see how well you know what happened this week with the May 19 News Quiz.
How to Play
- The quiz has 11 multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last seven days. You can take the quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and move on to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to play the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 6 minutes?
- If you want to print out the quiz, scroll down to find our PDF link. You can download the May 19 News Quiz’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links.
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The May 19 News Quiz (VIDEO)
11 current-events questions and fun facts in 6 minutes. How many can you ace?
This Week’s Questions (printable)
Here are some of the May 19 news quiz questions:
- What did Twitter do in Turkey before the elections?
- What made Elon Musk lash out at George Soros?
- Where did soccer legend Pelé end up after his death?
- How old is the world’s oldest dog?
- How old is Martha Stewart?
Download this week’s FREE News Quiz PDF here.
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the May 19 news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- Twitter-Turkey-Connection: Twitter says it will restrict access to some tweets before Turkey’s election (The Washington Post) | Twitter’s Turkey Elections Censorship: 7 Big Facts (howsmart.net)
- Twitter’s First: Linda Yaccarino Is Twitter’s New CEO, Elon Musk Confirms (nytimes.com) | New Twitter CEO: 7 Essential Facts about Linda Yaccarino (howsmart.net)
- Musk’s Tweet: Elon Musk Compares George Soros to Jewish Supervillain Magneto (The Washington Post) | Musk vs. Soros: 6 Big Facts about Twitter’s Magneto Moment (howsmart.net)
- Vice Bankrupt: Vice Media files for bankruptcy as ad business suffers (Reuters)
- Sam Altman: ChatGPT Creator and OpenAI CEO, Urges Senate for AI Regulation (nytimes.com)
- Eurovision 2023: Sweden’s Loreen wins for a second time (Reuters)
- BAFTA TV: Kate Winslet Wins BAFTA TV Award For Leading Actress (Deadline) | 2023 BAFTA TV Awards Trivia: Royal Dance-off & Winslet’s Win (howsmart.net)
- Golden Casket: Pelé’s mausoleum in Brazil opens to the public (AP News)
- Live Forever: World’s oldest dog ever celebrates 31st birthday (Guinness World Records)
- At 81: Martha Stewart is Sports Illustrated’s oldest swimsuit model (latimes.com) | Martha Stewart’s SI Swimsuit Cover | 6 Record Breaking Facts (howsmart.net)
If you enjoyed this week’s May 19 news quiz, check out some of our other current event quizzes:
Our Previous Weekly Quizzes
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.