Time for your August 6 weekly quiz. Which country had one of its athletes defect during the Tokyo 2020 Olympics? Who is Sarah Gilbert, who has a new Barbie doll made in her figure? And what’s exhibited in Prince’s Paisley Park “The Beautiful Collection”? 14 Multiple choice questions with answers and extra facts from the passing news week when you hit Start Quiz.
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back next week for another quiz!
More quizzes for this weekend:
- Tokyo Olympics 2021 Super Quiz
- July 2021 Weather Disasters Quiz
- Billionaires in Space: 2021 Rich Space Tourism Quiz
- The 2021 Trillion Dollar Quiz: How Many Zeros In a Trillion?
- July 2021 Entertainment Round-Up Super Quiz
- How British Are You Quiz
- How American Are You Quiz
More on August 6 Weekly News Facts:
- Belarus sprinter says punishment awaited her back home (apnews.com)
- President Biden Calls On Andrew Cuomo To Resign (NPR)
- ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ TV Series Gets Amazon Premiere Date – First-Look Photo (Deadline)
- Vaccinologist Barbie: Prof Sarah Gilbert honored with a doll (The Guardian)
- Shoe Obsession for the Ages: Prince’s Killer Collection of Custom Heels, Now on View (nytimes.com)
- Jamaican Sprinter Elaine Thompson-Herah Wins Historic ‘Double-Double’ In Track (NPR)
- Texas-born Italian sprints from unknown to Bolt’s successor (apnews.com)
- Epic swims: Dressel, McKeon take place among Olympic greats (apnews.com)
- A Plant That ‘Cannot Die’ Reveals Its Genetic Secrets (nytimes.com)
- MTV marks its 40th anniversary with a new ‘Moon Person’ design (apnews.com)
- Twitter’s Dorsey leads $29 bln buyouts of lending pioneer Afterpay (Reuters)
- Rojas thanks Facebook algorithm after making history in the triple jump (The Guardian)
- Qaddafi’s Son Is Alive. And He Wants to Take Libya Back. (nytimes.com)
- Rebel Wilson transforms into Britney Spears’s iconic Nineties look in new Netflix film (The Independent)