It’s high time for the Friday, Oct. 8 Weekly News Quiz: Which ‘meteor is headed to crash’ into the US economy? When was the last time Adele released new music? And how many people around the world use Facebook? 11 Multiple choice general-knowledge-worthy questions with answers and extra facts from the passing news week when you hit Start Quiz.
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back next week for another quiz!
More quizzes for the Friday, Oct. 8 weekend:
- Climate Crisis 2021 Mega Quiz
- Outer Space Quiz 2021
- Billionaires in Space quiz
- China VS. the World Quiz
- September 2021 Entertainment Round-Up Super Quiz
- The 2021 Face Quiz: How Many Can You Name?
- How British Are You Quiz
- How American Are You Quiz
Sources for the Oct. 8 Weekly News Facts:
- Billie Eilish to be Glastonbury Festival’s youngest solo headliner (BBC News)
- Biden warns ‘meteor headed to crash’ into US economy amid debt struggle (The Guardian)
- Adele: Anticipation builds for new music as singer updates social media (BBC News)
- Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp Were Down: Here’s What to Know (nytimes.com)
- Nearly 25% of the world population is exposed to deadly city heat (The Guardian)
- ‘Star Trek’ actor Shatner on board for Blue Origin rocket launch (Reuters)
- Daniel Craig on bidding Bond goodbye in “No Time to Die” (apnews.com)
- Russia to Send Film Crew to Space: Time and Livestream Details (nytimes.com)
- A look at world leaders named in the Pandora Papers (apnews.com)
- Climate change is killing the world’s coral reefs as oceans warm, study shows (Reuters)
- Astronaut Barbie doll jets off on zero-gravity flight (Reuters)