Weekly News Quiz: Welcome to your Friday, Nov. 12 weekly trivia challenge! What’s Ted Cruz’s beef with Big Bird? What happened at the Astroworld Festival? Is ABBA reuniting? And Who was the first female character on television with superpowers? 15 Multiple choice general-knowledge-worthy questions with answers and extra facts from the passing news week when you hit Start Quiz.
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back next week for another quiz!
More quizzes for the Friday, Nov. 12 weekend:
- Quick Fun Crypto Quiz: 6 Essential Questions and Answers
- Social Media Quiz: Sizzling Hot Questions from 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Quiz
- Kanye West Trivia 2021: The Donda Surprise Fun Quiz
- Guess the Celebrity Age Fun Quiz
- Oct. 2021 Entertainment Round-Up Super Quiz
- The 2021 Face Quiz: How Many Can You Name?
Sources for the Nov. 12 Weekly News Facts:
- Crowd surge kills at least eight at Houston music festival (apnews.com)
- Iraqi PM chairs security meeting after a drone attack on residence (Reuters)
- Georgian protesters rally in support of jailed former president (Reuters)
- SOS!: ABBA’s Bjorn says new album may be last recording (Reuters)
- ‘Dexter: New Blood’ review: Michael C. Hall’s killer evolves (latimes.com)
- Ted Cruz condemns Big Bird for advocating Covid vaccines for kids (The Guardian)
- JoAnna Cameron, an Early Female Superhero on TV, Is Dead at 73 (nytimes.com)
- Twitter Blue is now available in the US (The Verge)
- Annie Leibovitz Discusses New Book, ‘Wonderland,’ Releasing Nov. 17 (nytimes.com)
- The Fresh Prince of Belles-Lettres? Will Smith Has a Memoir. (nytimes.com)
- Late registration: Yeezy to pay $950,000 to settle false advertising lawsuit (The Guardian)
- Diana Ross to play ‘legends’ slot at Glastonbury festival 2022 (The Guardian)
- Dean Stockwell of ‘Quantum Leap,’ ‘Blue Velvet’ dies at 85 (apnews.com)
- General Electric to split into three public companies (apnews.com)
- Bitcoin, ether hit all-time highs as momentum accelerates (Reuters)