Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the May 27 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the week’s headlines. In world politics: What’s the 4-nation Quad? In Television: Who’s been on Saturday Night Live longer? And in Health: In comparison to smallpox, Western African monkeypox is what? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
In this article
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing to our FREE 😎 newsletter and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Quizzes for this weekend
- Apple Quiz: How Much is Apple Inc. Worth in 2022?
- Quick Fun Crypto Quiz: 10 Essential Questions and Answers
- Nov. 25 News Quiz of the Week: One Love
- May 2022 Entertainment News Super Quiz
- Name the Celebrity Picture Quiz: Fun 2022 Trivia
- Strange Facts Quiz: 15 Weird Fun Trivia Questions from 2022
- Australia Quiz 2022 | Outstanding Trivia from Down Under
- Russia-Ukraine Quiz 2022
- Health Quiz 2022
Current Events Trivia Stories of the Week
The May 27 News Quiz of the Week VIDEO
Sources for the May 27 News Quiz of the Week
We sourced the questions and answers in this week’s current events trivia quiz from these reliable news outlets. Consider it our recommended reading list for the weekend.
- 19 Children and 2 Adults Killed in Massacre at Texas Elementary School (nytimes.com)
- EXPLAINER: What’s the 4-nation Quad? Where did it come from? (AP News)
- Albanese was sworn in as PM in Australia ahead of the Tokyo summit (AP News)
- Henry Kissinger: Ukraine must give Russia territory (telegraph.co.uk)
- UN denounces ‘homophobic and racist’ reporting on monkeypox spread (The Guardian)
- Male Afghan TV presenters mask up to support female colleagues after the Taliban decree (The Guardian)
- Jerry Lee Lewis: Trouble in Mind review – Ethan Coen’s fantastic tribute to the Killer (The Guardian)
- Vangelis, Composer Best Known for ‘Chariots of Fire,’ Dies at 79 (nytimes.com)
- Burn-proof edition of ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ up for auction (AP News)
- Obi-Wan hides the Force in new ‘Star Wars TV series, says Ewan McGregor (Reuters)
- Kate McKinnon, Pete Davidson, Aidy Bryant, and Kyle Mooney bid farewell to ‘SNL’ (NPR)
- ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ Trailer Reveals Gorr the God Butcher (Variety)
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has to publically declare their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute their heroic battle for democracy. We stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy goes to the Russian people, Belarussians, and all who suffer under oppressing governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
The May 27 News Quiz of the Week Quiz Questions
Here’s the complete list of the May 27 news quiz questions.
In comparison to smallpox, Western African monkeypox is what?
Photo: Joekyabby1, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsUsually milder.Usually harsher.Usually fatal.Monkeypox was discovered earlier.
How many years have passed between Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen's roles in "Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith" and their return in "Obi-Wan Kenobi"?
Screenshot: "Obi-Wan Kenobi," Disney+126.96.36.199.
Who’s been on Saturday Night Live longer?
Screenshots: Saturday Night Live / NBCMichael Che.Pete Davidson.Kate McKinnon.Kyle Mooney.
Who composed Chariots of Fire (Race to the End)?
Photo: Markdawson, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia CommonsRichard Clayderman.Jean-Michel Jarre.Liberace.Vangelis.
Anthony Albanese is Australia's first Prime minister with what?
Screenshot: ABC News (Australia)A non-Anglo surname.Eyeglasses.A New Zealand-born grandfather.A career as a child actor.
Which music legend was nicknamed The Killer?
Photo: Maurice Seymour., Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons, colorizedLittle Richard.Jerry Lee Lewis.Chuck Berry.Roy Orbison.The four most developed nations forum.The four most populous nations forum.The US, Japan, Australia, and India’s Quadrilateral Environmental Dialogue.The US, Japan, Australia, and India’s Quadrilateral Security Dialogue.
Who authored The Handmaid's Tale?
Image: The Handmaid’s Tale book coverVirginia Woolf.Margaret Atwood.George Orwell.George Eliot.
Screenshot: Marvel Studios' Thor: Love and Thunder / Marvel EntertainmentRobert Pattinson.Michael Keaton.Christian Bale.Jared Leto.
What's "status quo ante"?
Photo: U.S. Department of State, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsThe desired state of affairs.The new state of affairs.The existing state of affairs.The previous state of affairs.
In Afghanistan, the Taliban ordered that all women on news channels must do what?
Screenshot: TOLOnews on YouTubeCover their nose and mouth.Cover their eyes.Cover their hands.Remain silent.
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Women’s History Month 2022 Big Factbook | Printable PDF
- Download The Latest Printable Trivia Questions and Answers | PDF + PPTx
- Big Quiz of the Year 2021 – Awesome Printable Trivia and PPT
- Black History 2022 Super Quiz: A Full Year of Trivia