July 22, 2022.
Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the July 22 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the last seven days’ headlines. In political news: Boris Johnson quoted which famous ’90s movie series in his final parliament speech? In TV news: What is the name of The House of the Dragon? And in celebrity news: Where did Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck marry? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
In this article
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing to our FREE 😎 newsletter and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Events Quizzes for this Weekend
- Apple Quiz: How Much is Apple Inc. Worth in 2022?
- Quick Fun Crypto Quiz: 10 Essential Questions and Answers
- Nov. 25 News Quiz of the Week: One Love
- Earth Quiz 2022
- Russia-Ukraine News Quiz
- Famous World Monuments Quiz
- July 2022 Entertainment News Quiz
- Kids’ Classics Quiz
- Animals Quiz
- TV Quiz
The July 22 News Quiz of the Week VIDEO QUIZ
10 Current events questions from the last seven days, 30 Seconds per answer.
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has to publically declare their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute their heroic battle for democracy. We stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy goes to the Russian people, Belarussians, and all who suffer under oppressing governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
Sources for the July 22 News Quiz of the Week
We crosscheck our current-events trivia facts with the world’s top news providers, research centers, and NGOs. Here’s a list of news articles that inspired this week’s news quiz. Consider it our reading recommendations for the weekend.
- ‘Hasta la vista, baby,’ says UK’s Boris Johnson as he exits parliament (Reuters)
- Putin heads to Tehran for talks with leaders of Iran, and Turkey (AP News)
- Putin, in Tehran, gets strong support from Iran over Ukraine (AP News)
- Day of 40C shocks scientists as UK heat record ‘absolutely obliterated’ | Climate crisis (The Guardian)
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck got married in Las Vegas (NPR)
- Wild bison return to the UK for the first time in thousands of years (The Guardian)
- Hoover Dam transformer explodes; no one hurt (ABC News)
- K-Pop star J-Hope to make music history at Chicago’s Lollapalooza festival (Reuters)
- Macy’s will soon include Toys R Us shops inside its stores (NPR)
- House of the Dragon: what can we expect from the Game of Thrones prequel? (The Guardian)
The July 22 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a complete list of this weekend’s current events quiz questions.
How many times has the UK ever seen a Red Extreme Heat warning?
Screenshot: BBC News188.8.131.52.The lynx.European bison.The wolverine.The brown bear.
In which Las Vegas institute did Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck marry?
Photo: Jennifer Lopez / onthejlo.comThe Golden Nugget hotel.The Church of the West.The Little White Chapel.The Aladdin hotel and casino.
In July 2022, Joe Biden visited Saudi Arabia. Which middle eastern country did Vladimir Putin visit in the same week?
Photo: The White House, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsThe United Arab Emirates.Yemen.Israel.Iran.The Colorado River.The Mississippi River.The Amazon River.The Red River.
What's Iran's stand on the Russian invasion of Ukraine?
Photo: Mehr News Agency, CC BY 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsThat Ukraine should be free of Russian influence.That Russia had no choice but to strike first.Iran remains neutral in the matter.That Russia should join NATO.
Who is the first South Korean artist to headline a major US musical festival?
Screenshot: HYBE LABELS on YouTubePsy.Jungkook.J-Hope of BTS.V of BTS.
Geoffrey giraffe is whose mascot?
Screenshot; *** on YouTubePBS.2000 Summer Olympics.Honey Nut Cheerios.Toys”R”Us.
On Game of Thrones and its prequel House of the Dragon, what's the house of the dragon's name?
Screenshot: House of the Dragon / HBOTargaryen.Lannister.Stark.Velaryon.
Boris Johnson quoted which famous '90s movie series at the end of his final "Prime Minister's Questions" in the British parliament?
Screenshot: ReutersDie Hard.Terminator.Mission: Impossible.Rambo.
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Women’s History Month 2022 Big Factbook | Printable PDF
- Download The Latest Printable Trivia Questions and Answers | PDF + PPTx
- Big Quiz of the Year 2021 – Awesome Printable Trivia and PPT
- Black History 2022 Super Quiz: A Full Year of Trivia