June 17, 2022.
Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the June 17 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the week’s headlines. In politics: According to the Jan. 6 House Committee Hearings, what did Donald Trump’s “Election Defense Fund” fund? In technology: What is the all-time best-selling video game globally? And in celebrity health: What’s Ramsay Hunt syndrome? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Quizzes for this Weekend
- Sept. 22 News Quiz: What Has the US Military Lost and Found?
- Storm Daniel’s Disasters: A Trivial Pursuit of Nature’s Fury
- Sept. 15 News Quiz: What’s an Omega block?
Sources for the June 17 News Quiz of the Week
We crosscheck each of the facts in our current events quizzes with the world’s top news providers, research centers, and NGOs. Here’s a list of news articles that inspired this week’s news quiz. Consider it our reading recommendations for the weekend.
- 4 Takeaways From Day 2 of the Jan. 6 Hearing (nytimes.com)
- No bartender required: Premixed Jack and Coke going on sale (AP News)
- Exclusive: Disney/Pixar’s ‘Lightyear,’ with a same-sex couple, will not play in 14 countries; China in question (Reuters)
- Lizzo removes ‘harmful’ ableist slur from new song GRRRLS after criticism (The Guardian)
- Minecraft spin-off debuts at Xbox gaming event largely promoting 2023 (axios.com)
- Explainer: What are the consequences of the yen’s fall to a 24-year low? (Reuters)
- Renaissance synagogues being restored in Venice’s ghetto (AP News)
- Jennifer Hudson Becomes an EGOT as Co-Producer of ‘A Strange Loop’ (nytimes.com)
- Rebel Wilson reveals she is dating a woman in an Instagram post tagged #loveislove (The Guardian)
- What Is Ramsay Hunt Syndrome? Justin Bieber’s Diagnosis, Explained (nytimes.com)
The June 17 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a full list of our current events quiz questions for this weekend.
More than 750 Tesla owners have complained to US safety regulators about what?
Photo: Courtesy of TeslaPhantom braking.Stock dropping.Their Tesla car is too wide for narrow roads.Their Tesla car costs too much.
Who is the oldest man to win the French Open?
Screenshot: Roland Garros on YouTubeRoger Federer.Rafael Nadal.Andrés Gimeno.Ken Rosewall.
Who is Queen Elizabeth II having tea with in this picture?
Screenshot: Platinum Party at the Palace / BBC OneRupert Bear.Fozzie Bear.Paddington Bear.Winnie-the-Pooh.
Which video game features Darth Vader on a rollercoaster?
Screenshot: Fortnite / Epic Games / LucasfilmMultiversus.Among Us.Minecraft.Fortnite.
What's the world's largest plant?Poseidon’s ribbon weed.The General Sherman tree.Mediterranean tapeweed.The Indian banyan.
MCU’s Ms. Marvel is what?
Screenshot: Ms. Marvel, Marvel Entertainment, Disney+Marvel’s first queer superhero.Marvel’s first Muslim superhero.Marvel’s first Latinx superhero.Marvel’s first teenage superhero.
How is the Bali myna different from other myna species?
Photo: Rolandandika, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsIt’s an invasive species.It’s a talking bird.It’s all-white.It eats insects and fruit.
Where do most of the world's Muslims live?
Photo: Election Commission (GODL-India), GODL-India, via Wikimedia CommonsThe Americas.Sub-Saharan Africa.The Arab world (Western Asia, Northern, Western, and Eastern Africa).The Asia-Pacific region (East Asia, South Asia, and Oceania).
What does the Apple Pay Later service allow?
Photo: AppleFour equal payments spread over six weeks.Two equal payments spread over two weeks.A four-week extension to fully pay for any purchase.An eight-week extension to fully pay for apple products.
Who's this Royal Baby?
Photo: Misan Harriman/ The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on TwitterPrince William and Catherine Middleton’s daughter.Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s daughter.Albert II, Prince of Monaco, and Charlene Wittstock’s daughter.Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank’s daughter.A Greek brined white cheese.An Indian fresh acid-set cheese.A semi-hard, unripened cheese from Cyprus.A southern Italian cheese made by the pasta filata method.
What's OpenSea?A cryptocurrency exchange company.An image bank.A marketplace for handmade and vintage items.An NFT marketplace.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes