July 1, 2022.
Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the July 1 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the week’s headlines. On the Jan. 6 Hearings: What connects Republican members of the US Congress Reps. Scott Perry, Andy Biggs, Mo Brooks, Matt Gaetz, and Louie Gohmert? In social media: Members of which communities are more likely than any other group to experience harassment on social media? And on celebrity health: What’s Pancreatitis? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
Take the Weekly News Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Quizzes for this Weekend
- Nagorno-Karabakh: A Trivia Guide of Historical Proportions
- Sept. 2023 Global News Quiz: What’s Trump’s Troubles in Georgia?
- Sept. 22 News Quiz: What Has the US Military Lost and Found?
- Jan. 6 Capitol Riots News Quiz
- Social Media Quiz
- Food Quiz
- Disney Quiz
- The 2022 Tennis Quiz (12 Trivia Questions)
- 2022 EASY General Knowledge Quiz (21 Questions)
- Earth Quiz 2022
- Health Quiz 2022
- Current Pop Music Quiz
- Kanye West Quiz
The July 1 News Quiz – VIDEO
10 Current events questions, multiple choice answers, 30 seconds per question. Take the weekly video quiz.
Sources for the July 1 News Quiz of the Week
We crosscheck the facts in our current events trivia quizzes with the world’s top news providers, research centers, and NGOs. Here’s a list of news articles that inspired this week’s news quiz. Consider it our reading recommendations for the weekend.
- Takeaways: Trump risked provoking ‘constitutional crisis’ (AP News)
- Pride parades march on with new urgency across the US (AP News)
- In Jordan, ‘Mansaf in a Cup’ Creates a Food Controversy (nytimes.com)
- Kanye West Inducts Diddy at BET Awards: Read the Full Transcript (Variety)
- Beyoncé’s ‘Break My Soul’ and the Long Tail of ‘Show Me Love’ (nytimes.com)
- Air New Zealand to install world-first economy bunk beds on long-haul flights (The Guardian)
- Melbourne’ space shuttle’ pods containing a single bed for rent for up to $900 a month (The Guardian)
- Mile High magic: Avs add to Denver’s title town run on ice (AP News)
- ‘Hocus Pocus 2’ Trailer: The Sanderson Sisters Are Back (Variety)
- Travis Barker was reportedly hospitalized for pancreatitis (latimes.com)
- Coca-Cola among brands greenwashing over packaging, report says (The Guardian)
The July 1 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a complete list of this weekend’s current events quiz questions.
According to an Anti-Defamation League survey released in June 2022, members of which communities were more likely than any other group to experience harassment on social media?
Photo: Facebook Inc.LGBTQ+.Women.Jewish.Asian Americans.An Arab dish made of meat, rice, and fried vegetables and served flipped upside down.A traditional Arab dish made of lamb cooked in dried yogurt and served with rice or bulgur (burghul).A Levantine dish consisting of meat cut into thin slices, stacked and roasted on a vertical rotisserie.A traditional Middle Eastern dessert made a pastry called kataifi, and typically layered with cheese.
What connects Republican members of the US Congress Reps. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Mo Brooks of Alabama, Matt Gaetz of Florida, and Louie Gohmert of Texas?
Screenshot: Jan. 6 Committee Hearings / PBS NewsHourThey all eventually voted to confirm US President Biden.They all testified in front of the Jan. 6 Committee.They all sought pardons from former US President Trump.They shielded Mike Pence during the Jan. 6 riots.
Screenshot: 2022 BET Awards / BET NetworkBad Bunny (Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio).The invisible man (Dr. Jack Griffin).Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker).Ye (Kanye West).
Which 90s house anthem was prominently sampled in Beyoncé's 2022 single "Break My Soul"?Show Me Love by Robin S.Luv 4 Luv by Robin S.Show Me Love by Robyn.Rhythm is a Dancer by Snap!
Air New Zealand is the first airline to offer what?
Photo: Air New Zealand on TwitterEconomy seats that recline into beds.Economy bunk beds.Kiwi's eggs omelette.Parachutes.
In the US, which city is known as the Mile High City?
Photo: Xnatedawgx, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsSeattle, Washington.Chicago, Illinois.Denver, Colorado.Phoenix, Arizona.
Which 90s movie features the characters of Winifred, Sarah, and Mary Sanderson?
Screenshot: Hocus Pocus 2 / Disney PlusThe Nightmare Before Christmas.The Craft.The Witches.Hocus Pocus.
Screenshot: Access Hollywood on YouTubeInflammation of the stomach area.A type of cancer that affects the stomach.A mental condition.An inflammation of the brain.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes