July 8, 2022.
Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the July 8 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the week’s headlines. On July 4th: How many incidents of mass shootings were there in the US on the nation’s Independence Day? In world politics: Did Boris Johnson resign? And on celebrity health: What’s prosopagnosia? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
Take the Quiz
🎥 Try the July 8 News Quiz of the Week VIDEO
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Events Quizzes for the Weekend
- 2023 Women’s History Month Quiz: 23 Inspiring Questions
- How did Elon Musk regain his wealthiest person status? Which tennis record was broken? And who banned TikTok? (11 questions)
- Ukraine War Quiz 2023: 21 Questions on Putin’s Attack
- US Trivia Quiz 2022
- Current Technology Trivia Quiz
- Guess the Celebrity Age Quiz
- Famous World Monuments Quiz
- Russia-Ukraine Quiz
- 2022 Strange Facts Quiz
- Kid’s Classics Quiz
- Netflix Quiz
News Trivia Web-Stories of the Week
The July 8 News Quiz of the Week – VIDEO QUIZ
12 Current event trivia questions, multiple choice answers, 30 seconds per question, and a news fact from last week follow each answer.
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has publicly declared their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute their heroic battle for democracy. We stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy extends to the Russian people, Belarusians, and all who suffer under oppressive governments, including soldiers, forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
Sources for the July 8 News Quiz of the Week
We crosscheck the facts in our current events trivia facts with the world’s top news providers, research centers, and NGOs. Here’s a list of news articles that inspired this week’s news quiz. Consider it our reading recommendations for the weekend.
- Boris Johnson will resign as Tories insist ‘reckless’ prime minister must go now (theguardian.com)
- Suspect in Parade Shooting Charged With 7 Counts of Murder (nytimes.com)
- Google to erase more location info as abortion bans expand (AP News)
- Big Ben Bongs Will Soon Ring Out Again Across London (nytimes.com)
- Scientists at CERN observe three “exotic” particles for the first time (Reuters)
- What to Know About Prosopagnosia, Brad Pitt’s Face Blindness Condition (nytimes.com)
- Actress Lindsay Lohan celebrates her birthday as a married woman (AP News)
- Tom Cruise Celebrates His 60th Birthday at the British F1 Grand Prix (PEOPLE.com)
- Amid Ukraine War, Orchestras Rethink ‘1812 Overture,’ a July 4 Rite (nytimes.com)
- UK cinemas ban fans in suits from Minions: The Rise of Gru (The Guardian)
- Netflix says ‘Stranger Things’ sets new viewing milestones (Reuters)
- Call to tighten New Zealand law that allows public pooing if no one is watching (The Guardian)
The July 8 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a complete list of this weekend’s current events quiz questions.
Which London monument has been officially known as the Elizabeth Tower since 2012?
Photo: ketrin1407, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia CommonsTower of London.Tower Bridge.London Eye.Big Ben.
In July 2022, Google announced it would automatically erase which user information?
Image: Steven Vance on Flickr, CC BY-NC-SA 2.0Visits to abortion clinics.Pregnancy related searches.Tracking cookies from pregnancy related websites.Health related searches.
How old is Lindsey Lohan?
Photo: Lindsay Lohan on Instagram184.108.40.206.
How old is Tom Cruise?
Photo: U.S. Navy Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Keenan Daniels, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons220.127.116.11.
Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture was written as a commemoration of what?
Photo: The United States Army Band, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsRussia’s defeat of Napoleon’s army.The Argentine War of Independence.The Spanish War of Independence.The 1812 war between the US and the British Empire.
In New Zealand, it's an offense to defecate in public, unless what?
Photo: Milesupshuroutlast, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsThe person can show they “had to go.”The person believes they were not being observed.The person is under 6 years old.The person is homeless.
How many mass shooting incidents did the US see on July 4th, 2022?
Photo: BobAMac5761, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons1.3.5.None.
What's Minions 2's official title?
Screenshot: IlluminationDespicable Me: Minions 2.Despicable Me: The Rise of Gru.Minions: The Rise of Dru.Minions: The Rise of Gru.
What was the first monster introduced in Stranger Things?
Screenshot: Stranger Things, NetflixDemogorgon.Vecna.Shadow Monster.Mind Flayer.
What does CERN stand for?
Photo: FerdinandoGior, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsCommission for Environmental and Natural Research.European Center for Nuclear Research.Economic Capital Northern Research.Central European Raving Nucleus.
Brad Pitt on the cover of the Aug. 2022 issue of GQ. Photo: Elizaveta PorodinaA difficulty with identifying letters.A difficulty to distinguish or recognize the fingers.Face blindness.A difficulty to recognize familiar voices.
Which British Prime Minister had the most extended term in office in the 21st century?
Photo: 首相官邸ホームページ, CC BY 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsBoris Johnson.Theresa May.David Cameron.Tony Blair.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes