Sept. 2, 2022.
Test your knowledge of what’s happening around the world and the week’s headlines with the Sept. 2 News Quiz of the Week. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions and answers about current events. Make sure you know what happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers. In Politics: Who can enter Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, where the ex-president kept top-secret documents? In History: Which world leader was known for glasnost and perestroika? And in Nature: Which animal families have immortal members?
Take the Weekly News Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Current Events Quizzes for this Weekend
- Sept. 22 News Quiz: What Has the US Military Lost and Found?
- Storm Daniel’s Disasters: A Trivial Pursuit of Nature’s Fury
- Sept. 15 News Quiz: What’s an Omega block?
- Trump Taxes News Quiz
- 2022 Memorial Quiz: Dead Celebrities Trivia
- 2022 Tennis Quiz
- Japan Quiz 2022
- Movie Trivia Quiz
The News Quiz of the Week VIDEO QUIZ
11 Questions from the passing week. 30 Seconds per Question. How many can you answer in 6 minutes?
This Week in the News
The facts on the Sept. 2 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Here are our weekend reading recommendations.
- Takeaways from the unsealed Mar-a-Lago search affidavit (AP News)
- FBI search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago related to nuclear documents, sources say (The Washington Post)
- Salman Rushdie on Ventilator Hours After Being Stabbed in Western New York (nytimes.com)
- Taylor Swift Announces a New Album, ‘Midnights’ (nytimes.com)
- Bad Bunny makes history at MTV’s Video Music Awards, winning artist of the year (CBS News)
- Notting Hill Carnival returns to London streets after hiatus (AP News)
- Scientists find clues to what makes ‘immortal jellyfish’ immortal (Reuters)
- Daniel Radcliffe and Evan Rachel Wood Channel Weird Al and Madonna in the Biopic Satire ‘Weird: The Al Yankovic Story’ (GQ)
- Can a Particle Accelerator Trace the Origins of Printing? (WIRED)
- Mikhail Gorbachev, Who Oversaw the End of the Soviet Union, Is Dead at 91 (nytimes.com)
- Venus Williams, Raducanu, Osaka all out in US Open 1st round (AP News)
- Japan PM apologizes for party’s church links, will cut ties (AP News)
The Weekly Sept. 2 News Quiz Questions
Here’s a complete list of the Sept. 2 News Quiz of the Week current events trivia questions.
Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, where the ex-president kept top-secret US intelligence documents, is only approachable to who?
Photo: Shealah Craighead, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsOnly people authorized by the Secret Service.Trump, his staff, and his family.Trump, his staff, family, paying members, and their guests.Trump, his staff, family, paying members, their guests, and attendees at functions, weddings, fundraisers, and charity galas.Pakistan.India.Iran.The UK.
Taylor Swift describes what as "the story of 13 sleepless nights"?
Screenshot: MTV's Video Music Awards 2022Her repeated award wins.Her relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal.Her 10th studio album, “Midnights.”Her project “All Too Well: The Short Film.”
What's Europe's largest street party?
Screenshot: Wanderizm on YouTubeThe Venice Carnival.Spain’s Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife.Germany’s Cologne Carnival.London’s Notting Hill Carnival.
Who is the first non-English-language performer to win the artist of the year award at MTV's VMAs?
Screenshot: MTV's Video Music Awards 2022Bad Bunny.Daddy Yankee.Shakira.Enrique Iglesias.Corals and sea worms.Hydra and jellyfish.Marine sponges and crabs.Sea cucumbers and dolphins.
Who's this Weird Al Yankovic impersonator?
Screenshot: WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story / The Roku ChannelRobert Pattinson.Elijah Wood.Daniel Radcliffe.Channing Tatum.
What is the world's oldest surviving book printed with movable metal type?
Photo: Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsThe Codex Sinaiticus.The Dead Sea scrolls.The Gutenberg Bible.The Jikji collection of Confucian teachings.
Which world leader was known for glasnost and perestroika?
Photo: RIA Novosti archive / Vladimir Vyatkin, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia CommonsMikhail Gorbachev.Boris Yeltsin.Nikita Khrushchev.Joseph Stalin.
What happened to Venus Williams, Emma Raducanu, and Naomi Osaka at the 2022 US Open?
Emma Raducanu. Screenshot: US Open Tennis Championships on YouTube.They all slipped on wet grass.They all lost in their first round.They were all quarter finalists.They were all finalists.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes