Sept. 9, 2022.
Test your knowledge of what’s happening worldwide and the week’s headlines with the Sept. 9 News Quiz of the Week. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions about current events. Make sure you know what happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers. In British Royals: In her final days, where did Queen Elizabeth II appoint Liz Truss as Prime Minister? In History: Who was Cincinnatus? And in Apple News: Which Apple iPhone models have an always-on display?
Take the Weekly News Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing to our FREE 😎 newsletter and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Event Quizzes for this Weekend
- Sept. 16 News Quiz of the Week: Final Royal Good-Bye
- Sept. 9 News Quiz of the Week: The Unstoppable Queen is Gone
- Sept. 2 News Quiz of the Week: Mar-A-Lago, Immortals
- In Her Honor: Queen Elizabeth II Quiz
- 2022 Tennis Quiz
- Apple Quiz 2022
- Media Super Quiz
- Current Business Quiz
- History Quiz
- Royal Family Quiz
- Classic Movies Quiz
- Name the Celebrity Quiz
- Current Arts Quiz
- France Quiz 2022
- Netflix Quiz
- Disney Quiz
The Sept. 9 News Quiz of the week VIDEO
13 News questions from the passing week, 30 seconds per answer. How many questions can you answer in less than seven minutes?
This Week in the News
The facts on the Sept. 9 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Here are our weekend reading recommendations.
- EXPLAINER: Why Truss is off to Scotland to become UK leader (AP News)
- Johnson leaves Downing Street to offer resignation to the queen (AP News)
- UK PM Liz Truss accepts an invite to visit Ukraine in the first call with a foreign leader (Reuters)
- Euro falls below parity with the dollar. What’s the impact? (AP News)
- Brazil on edge for a bicentennial Bolsonaro has made his own (AP News)
- Serena’s swan song is the most-watched match in ESPN history (Reuters)
- China’s Tencent raises stake in ‘Assassin’s Creed’ maker Ubisoft (Reuters)
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Wiki Guide (IGN)
- Apple picks Globalstar for emergency satellite service on iPhone 14 (Reuters)
- iOS 16 for iPhone: The Best New Features (CNET)
- Luckiest Girl Alive Trailer: Mila Kunis Has a Dark Secret to Hide (collider.com)
- David LaChapelle: ‘I’ve never seen what I do as objectification’ (The Guardian)
- Brendan Fraser Mounts a Transformational Comeback With ‘The Whale’ (nytimes.com)
- George Clooney and Julia Roberts on ‘Ticket to Paradise’ (nytimes.com)
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has to publically declare their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute their heroic battle for democracy. We stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy goes to the Russian people, Belarussians, and all who suffer under oppressing governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
The Weekly Sept. 9 News Quiz Questions
Here’s a complete list of the Sept. 9 News Quiz of the Week current events trivia questions.
Historically, what was the euro's lowest rate against the dollar?
Who was Cincinnatus?
Image: Juan Antonio de Ribera, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Where did Queen Elizabeth II appoint Liz Truss as Prime Minister in her final days?
Photo: @RoyalFamily on Twitter
What was George Clooney's and Julia Roberts's first movie together?
Screenshot: Ticket to Paradise / Universal Pictures
Who's the movie star in this picture?
Image: The Whale / A24
Who took Andy Warhol's last portrait?
Photo: Andy Warhol: Last Sitting (Artsy)
When did Brazil declare its independence from Portugal?
Which country is home to Assassin's Creed maker Ubisoft?
What's the most-watched tennis match in ESPN history?
Screenshot: US Open Tennis Championships on YouTube
In Netflix's Luckiest Girl Alive, Mila Kunis is what?
Screenshot: Luckiest Girl Alive / Netflix
What's the Disney Dreamlight Valley?
Screenshot: Disney Dreamlight Valley Announcement Trailer
What are LEO satellites?
Which Apple iPhone models have an always-on display?
- Women’s History Month 2022 Big Factbook | Printable PDF
- Download The Latest Printable Trivia Questions and Answers | PDF + PPTx
- Big Quiz of the Year 2021 – Awesome Printable Trivia and PPT
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Black History 2021/2022 Super Quiz: A Full Year of Trivia