Sept. 9, 2022.
Test your knowledge of what’s happening worldwide and the week’s headlines with the Sept. 9 News Quiz of the Week. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions about current events. Make sure you know what happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers. In British Royals: In her final days, where did Queen Elizabeth II appoint Liz Truss as Prime Minister? In History: Who was Cincinnatus? And in Apple News: Which Apple iPhone models have an always-on display?
Take the Weekly News Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Current Event Quizzes for this Weekend
- Sept. 22 News Quiz: What Has the US Military Lost and Found?
- Sept. 15 News Quiz: What’s an Omega block?
- Sept. 8 News Quiz: Which Country is Bharat?
- In Her Honor: Queen Elizabeth II Quiz
- 2022 Tennis Quiz
- Apple Quiz 2022
- Media Super Quiz
- Current Business Quiz
- History Quiz
- Royal Family Quiz
- Classic Movies Quiz
- Name the Celebrity Quiz
- Current Arts Quiz
- France Quiz 2022
- Netflix Quiz
- Disney Quiz
The Sept. 9 News Quiz of the week VIDEO
13 News questions from the passing week, 30 seconds per answer. How many questions can you answer in less than seven minutes?
This Week in the News
The facts on the Sept. 9 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Here are our weekend reading recommendations.
- EXPLAINER: Why Truss is off to Scotland to become UK leader (AP News)
- Johnson leaves Downing Street to offer resignation to the queen (AP News)
- UK PM Liz Truss accepts an invite to visit Ukraine in the first call with a foreign leader (Reuters)
- Euro falls below parity with the dollar. What’s the impact? (AP News)
- Brazil on edge for a bicentennial Bolsonaro has made his own (AP News)
- Serena’s swan song is the most-watched match in ESPN history (Reuters)
- China’s Tencent raises stake in ‘Assassin’s Creed’ maker Ubisoft (Reuters)
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Wiki Guide (IGN)
- Apple picks Globalstar for emergency satellite service on iPhone 14 (Reuters)
- iOS 16 for iPhone: The Best New Features (CNET)
- Luckiest Girl Alive Trailer: Mila Kunis Has a Dark Secret to Hide (collider.com)
- David LaChapelle: ‘I’ve never seen what I do as objectification’ (The Guardian)
- Brendan Fraser Mounts a Transformational Comeback With ‘The Whale’ (nytimes.com)
- George Clooney and Julia Roberts on ‘Ticket to Paradise’ (nytimes.com)
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has publicly declared their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute Ukraine’s heroic battle for democracy as we stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy extends to the Russian people, Belarusians, and all who suffer under oppressive governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
The Weekly Sept. 9 News Quiz Questions
Here’s a complete list of the Sept. 9 News Quiz of the Week current events trivia questions.
Historically, what was the euro's lowest rate against the dollar?82 cents in 2000.98 cents in 2022.99 cents in 2002.$1.18 in 1999.
Who was Cincinnatus?
Image: Juan Antonio de Ribera, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsThe first Roman leader to seize power through force.A Roman leader who resigned to his farm to live in peace.The legendary first king of Rome.A Roman leader who gave his horse a Senate seat.
Where did Queen Elizabeth II appoint Liz Truss as Prime Minister in her final days?
Photo: @RoyalFamily on TwitterLondon’s Buckingham Palace.The Houses of Parliament in London.Balmoral Castle, Scotland.10 Downing Street, London.
What was George Clooney's and Julia Roberts's first movie together?
Screenshot: Ticket to Paradise / Universal PicturesConfessions of a Dangerous Mind.Money Monster.Ticket to Paradise.Ocean's Eleven.
Who's the movie star in this picture?
Image: The Whale / A24Brendan Fraser.Gerard Butler.Val Kilmer.Channing Tatum.
Who took Andy Warhol's last portrait?
Photo: Andy Warhol: Last Sitting (Artsy)Annie Leibovitz.David LaChapelle.Herbert Ritts Jr.Steve McCurry.
When did Brazil declare its independence from Portugal?1922.1872.1822.1772.
Which country is home to Assassin's Creed maker Ubisoft?China.The US.Japan.France.
What's the most-watched tennis match in ESPN history?
Screenshot: US Open Tennis Championships on YouTubeSerena Williams's defeat at the 2022 US Open.Roger Federer’s win at the 2012 Wimbledon finals.Roger Federer's win at the 2007 Wimbledon finals.Serena Williams’s defeat to Venus Williams at the 2001 US Open finals.
Which leader had the shortest tenure of any British prime minister?
Photo: Picture by Simon Dawson / No 10 Downing Street, OGL 3, via Wikimedia CommonsGeorge Canning.Liz Truss.Boris Johnson.Gordon Brown.
In Netflix's Luckiest Girl Alive, what's Mila Kunis's dream job?
Screenshot: Luckiest Girl Alive / NetflixA super-model.A movie-star.A New York Times writer.A princess.
What's the Disney Dreamlight Valley?
Screenshot: Disney Dreamlight Valley Announcement TrailerA Disney on Ice show.A Disneyland attraction.A Disney Jr. series.A video game.
What are LEO satellites?
Image: AppleLow-earth orbit satellites.Long-earth orbit satellites.Lunar emission oval satellites.Low-energy operational satellites.
Which Apple iPhone models have an always-on display?
Image: AppleAll iPhones operating with iOS 16 and up.iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.All iPhone 14 models.iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes