Sept. 16, 2022.
Test your knowledge of what’s happening worldwide and the week’s headlines with the Sept. 16 News Quiz of the Week. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions about current events. Make sure you know what happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers. In British Royals: Where is Queen Elizabeth’s final resting place? In History: Who was King Charles I? And in Apple News: What’s Apple’s Safety Check?
Take the Weekly News Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing to our FREE 😎 newsletter and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Event Quizzes for this Weekend
- Sept. 16 News Quiz of the Week: Final Royal Good-Bye
- Sept. 9 News Quiz of the Week: The Unstoppable Queen is Gone
- Sept. 2 News Quiz of the Week: Mar-A-Lago, Immortals
- The September Entertainment Super Quiz
- Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Quiz
- Russia-Ukraine Quiz
- China Quiz 2022
- Tennis Quiz 2022
- Netflix Quiz
- Apple Quiz
- Famous Firsts 2022 Quiz
- Social Media Quiz
- Celebrity Deaths 2022 Memorial Quiz
The Sept. 16 News VIDEO QUIZ of the Week
12 current events multiple choice questions, 30 seconds per answer. How many questions can you answer in six minutes?
This Week in the News
The facts on the Sept. 16 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Here are our weekend reading recommendations.
- What to know about the queen’s lying in state in Westminster (AP News)
- What’s in a name? King Charles III’s name has loaded history (AP News)
- Xi has concerns over Ukraine, Russia’s Putin says (Reuters)
- Swiatek swats aside Jabeur to claim first US Open title (Reuters)
- iOS 16 release: everything you need to know about Apple’s big update (The Guardian)
- How to Use ‘Safety Check’ and ‘Lockdown Mode’ in iOS 16 (WIRED)
- ‘Squid Game’ and Lee Jung-Jae Make Emmys History (nytimes.com)
- Zendaya Wins 2022 Emmy For Lead Actress In Drama Series (Deadline)
- Steven Spielberg debuts his movie memoir ‘The Fabelmans’ (AP News)
- TikTok search results riddled with misinformation: Report (AP News)
- Kazakhstan to change the name of its capital from Nur-sultan back to Astana (The Guardian)
- Irene Papas, Actress in ‘Zorba the Greek’ Bakuand Greek Tragedies, Dies at 96 (nytimes.com)
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has to publically declare their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute their heroic battle for democracy. We stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy goes to the Russian people, Belarussians, and all who suffer under oppressing governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
The Weekly Sept. 16 News Quiz Questions
Here’s a complete list of the Sept. 16 News Quiz of the Week current events trivia questions.
What was Steven Spielberg's first movie in a film festival's official lineup?
Screenshot: TIFF Originals on YouTube
By winning the 2022 US Open, Iga Swiatek became the first WHAT?
Screenshot: US Open on YouTube
Who is the first actor to win an Emmy award for a non-English performance?
Screenshot: Television Academy - YouTube
What's Apple's iPhone's Safety Check?
What's Apple's iPhone's Lockdown Mode?
Who is Emmy's first Black woman to win the lead actress in a drama series award TWICE?
Screenshot: Television Academy - YouTube
Who was King Charles I?
Image: Library of Congress, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons, colorized.
Who did China's president Xi Jinping meet on his first trip outside China since COVID began?
Screenshot: CCTV via South China Morning Post
Where is Queen Elizabeth's final resting place?
Screenshot: BBC - YouTube
In the 1964 comedy-drama, what was Zorba's nationality?
Screenshot: Twentieth Century-Fox, colorized
- Women’s History Month 2022 Big Factbook | Printable PDF
- Download The Latest Printable Trivia Questions and Answers | PDF + PPTx
- Big Quiz of the Year 2021 – Awesome Printable Trivia and PPT
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Black History 2021/2022 Super Quiz: A Full Year of Trivia