Sept. 23, 2022.
Test your knowledge of what’s happening worldwide and the week’s headlines with the Sept. 23 News Quiz of the Week. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions about current events. Make sure you know what happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers. In British Royals: Who was the first British monarch to have their funeral on TV? In health: What does China recommend to avoid Monkeypox? And in arts: What’s Brad Pitt exhibiting?
Take the Weekly News Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Current Events Quizzes for this Weekend
- The Nov. 24 News Quiz: How Old is Joe Biden?
- Nov. 17 News Quiz: How Old is King Charles III?
- Nov. 10 News Quiz: Have the Hollywood Strikes Finally Ended?
- World Records Quiz 2022
- Tennis Quiz 2022
- Space Trivia Quiz
- Nature Quiz
- Earth Quiz 2022
- Sept. 2022 Entertainment News Super Quiz
The Sept. 23 News Quiz VIDEO
10 Current events trivia questions. 30 Seconds per answer. How many news questions can you answer in five minutes?
This Week in the News
The facts on the Sept. 23 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Here are our weekend reading recommendations.
- One Last Broadcast for Queen Elizabeth II (nytimes.com)
- Queen’s Beloved Corgis Sandy And Muick were Invited To Attend Committal Service In Windsor (elle.com)
- Monkeypox: don’t touch foreigners, says China health chief, as the first case reported (The Guardian)
- Neptune and its rings are shown in a striking new light by the Webb telescope (The Guardian)
- How the climate crisis is fueling the spread of a brain-eating amoeba (The Guardian)
- Roger Federer: ‘It Has Been A Great Journey’ (ATP Tour)
- Longest single-volume book in the world goes on sale – and is impossible to read (The Guardian)
- Brad Pitt makes surprise debut as a sculptor at Finland art gallery (The Guardian)
- Kanye West says he’s never read a book, likens it to Brussels sprouts (usatoday.com)
- Tom Hardy makes surprise appearance at martial arts tournament (CNN)
The Sept. 23 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a complete list of the Sept. 23 News Quiz of the Week current events trivia questions.
What does China's chief epidemiologist recommend doing to avoid Monkeypox infection?
Screenshot: 中国新闻社 on YouTubeTo avoid skin-to-skin contact with foreigners.To avoid close contact with anyone with suspected monkeypox.To get vaccinated.To stay informed about monkeypox in your area.Sunnie and Kinord.Sandy and Muick.Shannon and Glen.Sammy and Morlich.
How many books does Kanye West claim he read in his lifetime?
Screenshot: Alo Mind Full Podcast via YouTubeEvery Harry Potter book.Only the Bible.None.Countless.
Apart from being an actor, Brad Pitt is what kind of artist?
Photo: Jussi Koivunen / Sara Hildén Art MuseumMusician.Photographer.Painter.Sculptor.Queen Elizabeth II.Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.King George VI.King George V.
How many pages are there in "the longest book in existence"?2,145.21,450.214,500.2,145,000.
Who holds the record for most consecutive weeks at No. 1 in the ATP Rankings?
Screenshot: Laver Cup 2022 - YouTubeNovak Djokovic.Pete Sampras.Roger Federer.Jimmy Connors.
Which title DOESN'T actor Tom Hardy (Venom, Mad Max: Fury Road) hold?
Photo: Sean Rosborough / 𝗧𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀 on InstagramBrazilian Jiu-Jitsu champion.Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE).BAFTA winner.Oscar winner.
What's in the picture?
Image: NASA, ESA, CSA, STScINeptune.Uranus.Pluto.Saturn.
How is the Naegleria fowleri amoeba deadly?
Photo: CDC/ Dr. Govinda S. Visvesvara, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsIt causes severe diarrhea.It “eats brains.”It causes suffocation.It causes heart failure.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes