Oct. 7, 2022.
Test your knowledge of what’s happening worldwide and the week’s headlines with the Oct. 7 News Quiz of the Week. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions about current events. Make sure you know what happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers. In Russia: How did the Kremlin react to Elon Musk’s peace in Ukraine plan? In space: What is the ice-encrusted moon of Jupiter named? And in Politics: What caused Donald Trump $475 million “humiliation”?
Take the Weekly News Quiz
🎥 Take the Oct. 7 News VIDEO QUIZ
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Event Quizzes for this Weekend
- How did Elon Musk regain his wealthiest person status? Which tennis record was broken? And who banned TikTok? (11 questions)
- What is the New START Treaty? Which book has an “enormously fat” kid? And What’s Meta Verified? (11 Questions)
- What is “prebunking”? And what did Rihanna reveal during the Super Bowl LVII halftime show in 2023? (11 questions)
- Russia – Ukraine News Quiz
- 2022 Celebrity Deaths Quiz
- Faces of 2022: Name the Celebrity Picture Quiz
Take the Oct. 7 News Quiz of the Week VIDEO
11 Current events questions. 30 Seconds per answer. How many news trivia questions can you answer in under 6 minutes?
This Week in the News
The facts on the Oct. 7 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Here are our weekend reading recommendations.
- Deadly Soccer Clash in Indonesia Puts Police Tactics in Spotlight (nytimes.com)
- Kremlin welcomes Elon Musk’s proposal for Ukraine settlement denounced by Kyiv (Reuters)
- Trump Sues CNN for Defamation, Seeking $475 Million (nytimes.com)
- New Europa Pictures Beamed Home by NASA’s Juno Spacecraft (nytimes.com)
- Australia’s Telstra was hit by a data breach two weeks after the attack on Optus (Reuters)
- Lowly wax worm’s saliva may boost the fight against plastic pollution (Reuters)
- Country music icon Loretta Lynn dies at 90 (NPR)
- Kanye West Wears ‘White Lives Matter’ Shirt During Runway Show (Variety)
- Will Smith to enter the 2023 Oscar race with the slavery drama Emancipation (The Guardian)
- ‘Kurt Cobain was a walking paradox’: inside the opera about the star’s final days (The Guardian)
- Apple Music adds 100 millionth song to streaming service (AP News)
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has publicly declared their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute their heroic battle for democracy. We stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy extends to the Russian people, Belarusians, and all who suffer under oppressive governments, including soldiers, forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
The Oct. 7 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s a complete list of current events trivia questions from the Oct. 7 News Quiz of the Week.
In which case does FIFA stadium safety guidance allow "crowd control gas" (teargas) inside stadiums?
Screenshot: SEA Today - YouTubeNever.A pitch invasion.Fan violence.A terror attack.
Who is the actor in this picture?
Screenshot: Emancipation / Apple TV+Chris Rock.Will Smith.Jamie Foxx.Snoop Dogg.
Whose last days are depicted in the British Royal Opera House production "Last Days"?
Image: Last Days (roh.org.uk)Marilyn Monroe.Elvis Presley.Kurt Cobain.Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
According to Donald Trump, what caused him to suffer $475 million worth of "embarrassment, pain, humiliation, and mental anguish"?
Screenshot: WXYZ-TV Detroit | Channel 7 - YouTubeLosing the 2020 elections.The New York State fraud lawsuit against Trump and his kids.The FBI’s Mar-A-Lago invasion.CNN referred to Trump’s false 2020 election claims as “lies.”
What is the ice-encrusted moon of Jupiter named?
What did Kanye West wear to his surprise 2022 Yeezy Season 9 fashion show in Paris?
Screenshot: Yeezy Season 9 / Paris Fashion Week via SWGRUS on YouTubeA “Black Lives Matter” shirt.A “White Lives Matter” shirt.An “All Lives Matter” shirt.A “Tax the Rich” shirt.
Australia's second-largest telecom firm is Optus. What's the largest?TPG.Telus.Telstra.Vodafone.
Who was the first woman to receive entertainer of the year awards from both the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music?
Photo: Anna Hanks, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia CommonsDolly Parton.Tammy Wynette.Reba McEntire.Loretta Lynn.
What is the world's largest catalog of music?Apple Music.YouTube Music.Spotify.Amazon Music.
How did the Kremlin react to Elon Musk's peace in Ukraine proposal?
Screenshot: Tesla AI Day 2022 - YouTubeA Kremlin representative told musk to “F*** off”.The Kremlin welcomed the proposal.Putin challenged Musk to a “single combat” for Ukraine.The Kremlin did not comment on the offer.
Why are wax worms - moth larvae - called this way?
Photo: Sam Droege, Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsThey look like wax.They produce wax.They eat wax.They’re made of wax.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes