Feb. 3, 2023.
Get ready to put your current events skills to the test! Test your knowledge of the week’s top news stories with our Feb. 3 News Quiz! This quiz covers 15 questions and answers, from the tragic incident in Memphis to Donald Trump’s lawsuit against Bob Woodward and the Oscars race.
Looking for questions about the Academy Awards nominations out last week?Take our Oscars Quiz!
Take The Weekly News Quiz!
Make sure you know everything noteworthy that happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers on current worldwide events. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions and answers about the last seven days’ events. Test your knowledge of the week’s headlines with the Feb. 3 News Quiz of the Week.
Take the weekly news quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
▶️ Play the Feb. 3 News Quiz VIDEO QUIZ
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Event Quizzes for this Weekend
- How did Elon Musk regain his wealthiest person status? Which tennis record was broken? And who banned TikTok? (11 questions)
- What is the New START Treaty? Which book has an “enormously fat” kid? And What’s Meta Verified? (11 Questions)
- What is “prebunking”? And what did Rihanna reveal during the Super Bowl LVII halftime show in 2023? (11 questions)
Play the Feb. 3 News Quiz VIDEO
14 Multiple-choice current event questions, 30 seconds per answer. How many questions can you answer in less than 8 minutes?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for trivia games and updates
Sources: This Week in the News
The facts on the Feb. 3 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s finest news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Consider it as our weekend reading recommendations.
- What is the radioactive capsule missing in WA used for, and how dangerous is it? (The Guardian)
- Videos Contradict Initial Police Report on Tyre Nichols Arrest (nytimes.com)
- Nikki Haley will announce her presidential run in Charleston on February 15 (CNN)
- Trump lawsuit claims Woodward audiobook violates copyright (The Washington Post)
- Tech War: Biden moves to halt US exports to Huawei, reports say (BBC News)
- Revealed: how world’s biggest fossil fuel firms ‘profited in Myanmar after coup’ (The Guardian)
- Australia’s new $5 banknote will feature Indigenous history instead of King Charles (The Guardian)
- Boeing bids farewell to an icon delivering the last 747 jumbo-jet (AP News)
- Andrea Riseborough: Oscar nomination to be reviewed by Academy (BBC News)
- Harrison Ford inspires cast in new comedy ‘Shrinking’ (AP News)
- Bill and Frank: Nick Offerman and Murray Bartlett reflect on The Last of Us episode’s heartbreaking ending (The Independent)
- Beyoncé Announces Renaissance World Tour (nytimes.com)
- Beyoncé ‘Renaissance’ Tour Ticket Sales: Ticketmaster Faces New Test (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Tom Brady announces he is retiring from the NFL ‘for good’ (The Washington Post)
The Feb. 3 News Quiz Questions (Printable)
Here’s a list of current events trivia questions and multiple-choice answers from the Feb. 3 News Quiz of the Week. Feel free to copy the list for your weekly trivia gathering. You can now download this week’s FREE PDF (all questions on one page, with separate pages for answers and links to sources)!
1. What’s this?
- A stainless-steel keyring
- A paper holder
- A steel screw
- A radioactive capsule
2. Who’s replacing Queen Elizabeth II on Australia’s $5 bill?
- King Charles III
- Anthony Albanese
- A design honoring Albanese culture
- A design honoring Indigenous culture
3. Who was fired due to the Jan. 2023 Tyre Nichols incident?
- 7 Memphis police officers and 3 members of the Fire Department
- The 5 Memphis police officers charged with murder and 2 other police officers
- The 2 Memphis police officers charged with murder
- The Minneapolis officer convicted of civil rights violations
4. Who is Nikki Haley?
- An ex-UN ambassador and South Carolina governor
- An ex-US senator and North Carolina governor
- A former astronaut
- A former nurse
5. Why did Donald Trump sue Bob Woodward and the publishers of “The Trump Tapes”?
- He’s unhappy with the sales numbers
- He claims they violated his copyright
- He didn’t like the way he was portrayed on the tapes
- He thinks they violated his right to privacy
6. Why is the US government halting license approvals for American firms to export to Huawei?
- To prevent Huawei from spying on the US president
- To prevent Chinese acquisition of sensitive military technologies
- To force Huawei to improve its business practices
- To punish Huawei for tax violations in 2021
7. What is the main source of foreign-currency revenue for the junta in Myanmar?
- The tourism industry
- The agriculture industry
- The oil and gas industry
- The education industry
8. In what position did Tom Brady retire from the NFL?
- A wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys
- A quarterback for the New England Patriots
- A quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- A kicker for the New York Giants
9. What was the Boeing 747 known as?
- The king of the skies.
- The queen of the skies.
- The crown jewel of the sky.
- The majestic monarch of the skies.
10. How was the movie “To Leslie” promoted in the 2023 Oscars race?
- By the film studio
- By the First Lady
- By Hollywood A-listers
- By veteran strategists
11. Who is Bill in HBO’s The Last of Us?
- Parks and Recreation’s Andy Dwyer
- Parks and Recreation’s Ron Swanson
- Sing’s Buster Moon
- The Lego Movie’s Lord Business
12. What is the relationship between the two main characters in Apple TV’s “Shrinking”?
- Father and son
- Doctor and patient
13. Before 2023, what was Beyoncé’s last worldwide tour?
- The Love Tour
- The On the Run II Tour
- The Dream Tour
- The Hive World Tour
14. How does Ticketmaster plan to accommodate the demand for Beyoncé’s Renaissance World Tour?
- They’ll use a lottery-style system
- They will hire more ticket sellers
- They will only sell tickets in person
- They will limit the sale to one hour
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes