Mar. 17, 2023.
Our weekly news quiz tests your knowledge of the latest news stories every Friday. From international nuclear treaties to the unbelievable FIFA announcement, see how well you know what happened this week with the March 17 News Quiz.
How to Play
- The quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last seven days. You can take the quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and move on to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to watch the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 6 minutes?
- If you want to print out the quiz, scroll down to find our PDF link. You can download the March 17 News Quiz’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links.
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The March 17 News Quiz (VIDEO)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for trivia games and updates
This Week’s Questions (printable)
Here are some examples of this week’s questions:
- What does Aukus stand for?
- Who is the first Asian actress to win the Lead Actress Oscar?
- How many teams are going to play in the 2026 World Cup?
- What is the most notable difference between ChatGPT’s version 4 and GPT-3.5?
- What are Ordinals?
- What was Lindsay Lohan promoting on social media this week?
Download the FREE Weekly News Quiz PDF here.
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the March 17 news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- Aukus: Nuclear submarines deal will cost Australia up to $368bn (The Guardian)
- Highlights From the 2023 Oscars: Awards, Speeches, and More (nytimes.com)
- FIFA Change: The 2026 World Cup Will Have Four-Team Groups and 24 More Games (nytimes.com)
- Failure record: Before Silicon Valley Bank’s failure, there was Washington Mutual (The Washington Post)
- ChatGPT: 10 Ways GPT-4 Is Impressive but Still Flawed (nytimes.com)
- Mitch McConnell: McConnell released from the hospital, headed to inpatient rehab (AP News)
- Stolen Nukes: Exclusive: Tons of uranium missing from Libyan site, IAEA tells member states (Reuters)
- Cryptoverse: New breed of bitcoin NFTs sell for millions (Reuters)
- YouTube Hazzard: AI-generated videos are being used to spread malware (Evening Standard)
- Two Icons – One Night: Stevie Nicks and Billy Joel Perform Together at Tour Kickoff (Rolling Stone)
- Happy News: Lindsay Lohan announces a baby is ‘coming soon’ (CNN)
If you enjoyed this week’s March 17 news quiz, check out some of our other current event quizzes:
Our Previous Weekly Quizzes
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.