Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the June 3 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the week’s headlines. In world politics: The European Union’s embargo on Russian oil exempts which country? In Social Media: News articles about which subject generated the most reactions? And in History: The city of Memphis, Tennessee, is named after which country’s Memphis? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Liked the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing to our FREE 😎 newsletter and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Quizzes for this Weekend
- June 24 News Quiz of the Week: Pride, Elite
- Guess the Celebrity Age Fun Birthday Quiz 2022
- June 17 News Quiz of the Week: Hearings, Syndrom
- LGBTQ Pride Month Quiz 2022
- Royal Family Quiz 2022
- May 2022 Entertainment News Super Quiz
- Name the Celebrity Picture Quiz: Fun 2022 Trivia
- Strange Facts Quiz: 15 Weird Fun Trivia Questions from 2022
- Russia-Ukraine Quiz
The June 3 News Quiz of the Week Video
Sources for the June 3 News Quiz of the Week
Consider these news sources as our recommended current events reading list for the weekend:
- Egypt displays a trove of newly discovered ancient artifacts (AP News)
- Hungary’s Oil Embargo Exemption Is a Sign of Orban’s Affinity for Russia (nytimes.com)
- How much the top-paid male and female CEOs made in 2021 (AP News)
- Ukraine’s ‘unicorn’ LGBTQ soldiers head for war (Reuters)
- K-pop supergroup BTS meets Biden, speaks at White House (Reuters)
- Canada introduces law to freeze handgun sales, ban look-alike toys (Reuters)
- ‘Maestro’ First Look: Bradley Cooper Transforms Into Leonard Bernstein (Variety)
- Pinocchio Premiere Date Set on Disney+, Teaser Trailer Released (Variety)
- ‘Allinllachu.’ Google Translate Adds Quechua to Its Platform. (nytimes.com)
- The strangest thing? Why Kate Bush is back at the top of the charts (The Guardian)
- Scorpions say they changed Wind of Change lyrics as the song ‘romanticized Russia’ (The Guardian)
- Key Moments From the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Verdict (nytimes.com)
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has to publically declare their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military force attacking civilians, and salute their heroic battle for democracy. We stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy goes to the Russian people, Belarussians, and all who suffer under oppressing governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
The June 3 News Quiz of the Week Questions
Here’s the complete list of the May 27 news quiz questions.
The city of Memphis, Tennessee, is named after which country’s Memphis?
Screenshot: Reuters on YouTube
Which company's CEO was paid highest in 2021?
Photo: Merzperson at English Wikipedia, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
What does the unicorn insignia mean in the Ukrainian army's uniform?
Screenshot: Reuters on YouTube
K-Pop stars BTS visited the White House to discuss what with US President Joe Biden?
Photo: The White House, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
In the wake of the massacre in Uvalde, Texas, where was the sale and purchase of handguns banned?
Which Hollywood actor is behind this heavy Leonard Bernstein makeup?
Photo: From the set of Maestro / Netflix
Who's playing Geppetto in Disney's live-action remake of Pinocchio?
Screenshot: Pinocchio / Disney+
Where is one most likely to be greeted, "Allinllachu"?
Screenshot: Google Translate
Which 80s singing sensation originally performed "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)"?
Screenshot: Running Up that Hill official music video
News articles about which subject generated the most social media interactions in the US in April and May 2022?
Screenshot: CBS News
- Download a Full Year of Quiz Questions | 2022 Quality Trivia
- Printable Quiz Rounds (in PDF and PowerPoint PPTx)