Mar. 3, 2023.
Test your knowledge with our Mar. 3 News Quiz! This quiz covers 11 questions and answers about the week’s top news stories. From international politics to cosmic discoveries, see how well you know the latest news.
Take The Weekly News Quiz!
With multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last seven days, the Friday Weekly News Quiz will ensure you know everything noteworthy that happened this week.
Take the Mar. 3 News Quiz online, play the video quiz or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Event Quizzes for this Weekend
Previous Weekly News Quizzes
Play the Mar. 3 News Quiz VIDEO
Don’t miss our video quiz, where you have 30 seconds to answer 11 multiple-choice current event questions. How many questions can you answer in 6 minutes?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for trivia games and updates
Sources: This Week in the News
We cross-checked the facts on the Mar. 3 News Quiz of the Week with the world’s finest news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired this week’s news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- Mexican Vote: Tens of thousands protest Mexico’s electoral law changes (AP News)
- TikTok Ban: European Commission bans TikTok on staff devices (BBC News)
- Olivia Newton-John: Australia celebrates ‘force of nature’ performer (BBC News)
- Comics Shock: Newspapers Drop ‘Dilbert’ After Creator’s Rant About Black ‘Hate Group’ (nytimes.com)
- Cosmic Shock: Webb telescope spots surprisingly massive galaxies from the early universe (CNN)
- Media Fraud: Murdoch Acknowledges Fox News Hosts Endorsed Election Fraud Falsehoods (nytimes.com)
- War Prize: Putin gives U.S. actor Seagal top state award for ‘humanitarian work’ (Reuters)
- Cry No More: Rights to ‘Crying Indian’ ad to go to Native American group (AP News)
- The Dying Sea: The Salton Sea, an Accident of History, Faces a New Water Crisis (nytimes.com)
- Back on Top: Djokovic says return to top spot more special after tough year (Reuters)
- Auto Pilot: Elon Musk reclaims title of world’s richest man after Tesla shares rise (The Guardian)
The Mar. 3 News Quiz Questions and Answers (Printable)
Here are the 11 questions and answers for the Mar. 3 News Quiz. Feel free to use this list for your weekly trivia game. PDF is coming soon. You can now download this week’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links. Happy quizzing!
1. How many people use TikTok in the EU?
- 12.5 million.
- 125 million.
- 1.25 billion.
- None. They are all too busy with Eurovision.
2. What did Elon Musk do to regain his wealthiest person status in February 2023?
- He sold Twitter for a huge profit.
- He launched a successful mission to Mars.
- He boosted Tesla’s stock price.
- He married Oprah Winfrey.
3. What did Fox owner Rupert Murdoch admit to in his deposition on Dominion Voting System’s defamation suit?
- He admitted that he secretly voted for Joe Biden and regretted it.
- He admitted he could have stopped his hosts from spreading election lies.
- He admitted he was the infamous Q behind the QAnon conspiracy theory.
- He admitted that he had a crush on Sidney Powell and wanted to impress her.
4. Which player spent the most weeks at the top of the tennis rankings?
- Steffi Graf.
- Novak Djokovic.
- Roger Federer.
- Serena Williams.
5. Which country gave Steven Seagal a humanitarian award?
- North Korea.
6. Why was Dilbert canceled in 2023?
- The creator, Scott Adams, retired.
- Dilbert’s sales were declining.
- The comic strip made a controversial joke.
- The creator, Scott Adams, made racist comments.
7. What is the “Crying Indian”?
- A flavor of ice cream with spicy chili and chocolate sauce.
- A viral TikTok challenge where people pretend to cry, imitating Indian films.
- A famous painting by Pablo Picasso depicting the sorrow of Native Americans.
- An anti-pollution ad featuring an actor in Native American attire.
8. What is California’s largest lake?
- Salton Sea.
- Lake Tahoe.
- Lake Shasta.
- Lake Kardashian.
9. Who is Andrés Manuel López Obrador?
- A left-wing populist who won the Mexican presidency in 2018.
- A right-wing Mexican authoritarian convicted of embezzling billions of dollars.
- A former soccer star and entertainer who became Mexico’s president in 2018.
- A former drug lord who escaped prison and became Mexico’s president in 2018.
10. Where was Olivia Newton-John born?
11. What is the cosmic dawn?
- The time when galaxies first formed in the universe.
- The time when planets first formed in the universe.
- The time when James Webb used to wake up to watch his telescope.
- The time when aliens first visited Earth.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes