June 24, 2022.
Welcome to our weekly current events trivia challenge, the June 24 News Quiz of the Week: Test your knowledge of 2022 current events trivia and the week’s headlines. In business: How much does a Tesla Model Y long-range cost? In LGBTQ+ pride: Where is the first US national monument dedicated to LGBTQ+ history? And on celebrity birthdays: Who’s older – President Joe Biden or Sir Paul McCartney? Make sure you know what happened this week. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers begins when you hit “Start Quiz.”
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Quizzes for this Weekend
- Sept. 29 News Quiz: Trump Exaggerated His Assets’ Value by How Much?
- Sept. 2023 Tech-Biz Quiz: What’s the Title of Musk’s Biography?
- Media Maestro & Billionaire Buffoonery: The Rupert Murdoch Trivia Trove!
- Current Business Quiz
- Current Technology Quiz
- New York City Quiz 2022
- Elon Musk Quiz
- Apple Quiz 2022
- Guess the Celebrity Age Quiz
- Royal Family Quiz
- Russia – Ukraine Quiz
- NBA 75 Quiz
- LGBTQ+ Pride Quiz
- China Vs. the World Quiz
The June 24 News Quiz of the Week VIDEO
Try our weekly current events video quiz. 11 questions, 30 seconds per question, with multiple choice answers and new facts.
We Stand with Ukraine
It seems everybody these days has publicly declared their position on the brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and its people, fighting against military forces attacking civilians. We salute Ukraine’s heroic battle for democracy as we stand with every nation fighting against tyranny and for human rights. Our empathy extends to the Russian people, Belarusians, and all who suffer under oppressive governments, including soldiers forced to die in the name of their leaders. We also side with the truth, so here’s a quick list of reliable sources on the conflict.
- Breaking News & Live Updates on Russia-Ukraine from AP News.
- Live Updates and Video Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine War on The New York Times.
- Coverage of the Russia-Ukraine crisis by The Guardian.
Sources for the June 24 News Quiz of Week
We crosscheck the facts in our current events trivia quizzes with the world’s top news providers, research centers, and NGOs. Here’s a list of news articles that inspired this week’s news quiz. Consider it our reading recommendations for the weekend.
- Sir Ringo Starr is among those wishing Sir Paul McCartney a happy 80th birthday (The Guardian)
- Joe Biden is ‘fine’ after falling off his bike in Delaware, White House says (CNN)
- Tesla to charge more for cars in the United States as inflation bites (Reuters)
- Elon Musk’s child seeks name change to sever ties with father (Reuters)
- William at 40: A milestone birthday in a life under scrutiny (AP News)
- Russian journalist’s Nobel Peace Prize fetches record $103.5 mln at auction to aid Ukraine children (Reuters)
- 5 incredible stats from 2022 Bill Russell NBA Finals MVP Stephen Curry (NBA.com)
- FINA Restricts Transgender Women From Competing at Elite Level (nytimes.com)
- China’s Expanding Surveillance State: Takeaways From the NYT Investigation (nytimes.com)
- I am not a robot: iOS verification update marks the end of ‘captchas’ (The Guardian)
- For K-pop supergroup BTS, questions remain about its future (AP News)
- A Stonewall Visitor Center Will Celebrate LGBTQ History (nytimes.com)
The June 24 News Quiz of the Week Trivia Questions
Here’s a complete list of this weekend’s current events quiz questions.
How much does a Tesla Model Y long-range cost?
Who's older, Sir Paul McCartney or President Joe Biden?
Photos: Biden - Office of the White House Press Secretary, Public domain / McCartney - Raph_PH, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia CommonsBiden.McCartney.
How old is Prince William?184.108.40.206.
Why did Russian journalist Dmitry Muratov auction off his Nobel Peace Prize medal?To pay fines.To protest against the West.To buy a yacht.To help children displaced by the war in Ukraine.
Who is the youngest NBA player to reach 3,000 3-Point Field Goals?
Screenshot: NBA on ESPNLeBron James.Stephen Curry.Devin Booker.Bradley Beal.
The world governing body for swimming (FINA) prohibits transgender women from competing internationally unless what?
Screenshot: Good Morning America / ABCThey completely stopped treatments to suppress testosterone production.They began treatments to suppress testosterone production after the age of 12.They began treatments to suppress testosterone production before the age of 12.They’re actively taking treatments to suppress testosterone production.
Which government is estimated to own more than half of the world's surveillance cameras?
Photo: Lunghaiu Wandloa 12, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsThe United Kingdom.North Korea.Russia.China.
What's the common name for a completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart?
Photo: Alan Turing Statue by Colin Smith, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia CommonsCaptcha.reCAPTCHA.Automatic Verification.Bot scan.
True or False? Elon Musk fathered triplets in 2006.
Photo: FlyingSinger, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia CommonsTrue.False.
How old is the oldest BTS member?
Photo: The White House, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons220.127.116.11.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes