June 9, 2023.
Our weekly news quiz tests your knowledge of the latest news stories every Friday. From the dam explosion in Ukraine and India’s triple train collision to Prince Harry’s historical court testimony, and Kylie Minogue’s new TikTok hit, see how well you know what happened this week with the June 9 News Quiz.
How to Play
- The quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last seven days. You can take the quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and move on to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to play the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 6 minutes?
- If you want to print out the quiz, scroll down to find our PDF link. You can download the June 9 News Quiz’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links.
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The June 9 News Quiz (VIDEO)
12 current-events questions and fun facts in 6 minutes. How many can you ace?
This Week’s Questions (printable)
Here are some of the June 9 news quiz questions:
- What happened to the Nova Kakhovka dam?
- Which country boasts the busiest rail system on Earth?
- Who is the billionaire tycoon behind Binance?
- What does Apple call “the world’s first spatial computer”?
- What is the Spider-Verse?
- How old is Kylie Minogue?
Download this week’s FREE News Quiz PDF here.
Sources and Extra Fun Facts
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the June 9 news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- Darn Dam: Ukraine accuses Russia of blowing up Nova Kakhovka dam near Kherson (The Guardian)
- Triple collision: Indian railways minister says signaling system error led to crash that killed over 300 people (AP News)
- Femme Fatale: North Korean leader’s sister vows 2nd attempt to launch spy satellite, slams UN meeting (AP News)
- CZ in trouble: US sues Binance and founder Zhao over ‘web of deception’ (Reuters) | Binance’s SEC Troubles: 8 Trivial Facts You Won’t Believe! (howsmart.net)
- $3,499: Apple Debuts the Vision Pro, Its VR Headset, at WWDC 2023 (nytimes.com) | Apple’s Vision Pro: 10 Mind-Boggling Trivia Facts (howsmart.net)
- Spiderverse: All the ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Easter Eggs and Cameos (Variety) | Spider-Man: 8 Big Across the Spider-Verse Facts (howsmart.net)
- Liar’s lair: YouTube changes policy to allow false claims about past US presidential elections (AP News)
- Challenging Trump: Mike Pence Files Paperwork to Enter 2024 Race (nytimes.com)
- Prince Harry, in Dramatic Testimony: Accuses Journalists of Phone Hacking (nytimes.com)
- Book Review: ‘Pageboy: A Memoir,’ by Elliot Page – The New York Times (nytimes.com)
- 150 Shows: Billy Joel to end his record-breaking concert series at Madison Square Garden in 2024 (AP News)
- Kylie Minogue at 55: why we just can’t get the singer out of our heads (The Guardian)
If you enjoyed this week’s June 9 news quiz, check out some of our other current event quizzes:
Our Previous Weekly News Quizzes
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.