Test your knowledge of the world around you with our Summer 2023 Global News Quiz. With 23 new and unusual trivia questions from the past months, you can dive into international politics, world records, and geography.
How to Play
- The quiz has 23 multiple-choice questions and answers about world news headlines of the 60 days.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and scroll down to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to watch the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 12 minutes?
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Summer 2023 Global News Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The Summer 2023 Global News Video Quiz
Sources and more fun facts
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the Summer 2023 global news trivia quiz. We recommend them for further reading.
- Darn Dam: Ukraine accuses Russia of blowing up Nova Kakhovka dam near Kherson (The Guardian)
- Wagner Down: How a Rebellion in Russia Unfolded Over 36 Hours (nytimes.com) | PUTIN’S CHEF COOKS UP A REBELLION (howsmart.net)
- Titanic submarine: Rescuers race against time to find missing Titan (theguardian.com) | TITANIC TRIVIA: THE DEEP DIVE INTO THE TITAN SUBMERSIBLE DISAPPEARANCE (howsmart.net)
- Yoga Record: Modi flexes India’s cultural reach on Yoga Day with backbends and corpse poses on the UN lawn (AP News)
- Triple collision: Indian railways minister says signaling system error led to crash that killed over 300 people (AP News)
- Trump documents case: A timeline of the investigation and charges (Reuters) | TRUMP’S INDICTMENT: A TRIVIAL PURSUIT OF JUSTICE (howsmart.net)
- The Trump Tape: In an audio recording, Trump was heard discussing a sensitive Iran document (The Washington Post) | A TRIVIAL TALE OF CLASSIFIED CHATTER IN 6 FACTS (howsmart.net)
- Is Trump the odd one? More than 100 U.S. political elites have family links to slavery (reuters.com)
- Presidential Twat: How DeSantis’s Twitter Spaces Event Compares to Past Livestreams (nytimes.com)
- Lindsey Graham: Russia issues arrest warrant for top Republican (BBC News) | 5 FACTS THAT INCLUDE A WARRANT, A WAR, AND A BADGE OF HONOR (howsmart.net)
- Prince Harry: In Dramatic Testimony, Accuses Journalists of Phone Hacking (nytimes.com)
- Populist win: Recep Tayyip Erdoğan wins Turkish presidential election (The Guardian)
- Silvio Berlusconi: Scandal-ridden former Italian prime minister dies aged 86 (The Guardian) | BERLUSCONI’S LEGACY IN 7 TRIVIA FACTS (howsmart.net)
- ‘Unabomber’: Ted Kaczynski, Who Attacked Modern Life, Dies at 81 (nytimes.com)
- Femme Fatale: North Korean leader’s sister vows 2nd attempt to launch spy satellite, slams UN meeting (AP News)
- Emilia Romagna GP: Why Formula 1 had to call off the 2023 race amid heavy flooding in Italy near Imola (skysports.com)
- The Grand Slammer: Novak Djokovic Captures the French Open and a 23rd Grand Slam Title (nytimes.com) | DJOKOVIC AND SWIATEK’S RECORD-BREAKING WINS AT THE 2023 FRENCH OPEN (howsmart.net)
- NBA Finals 2023: Denver Nuggets Beat Miami Heat for First Championship (nytimes.com) | NUGGETS’ NBA TRIUMPH TRIVIA FACTS: A HIGH-ALTITUDE WIN PACKED WITH FIRSTS AND A POST-GAME TWIST (howsmart.net)
- ‘I’m going to Miami’: Messi confirms move to MLS (Reuters) | MESSI’S MIAMI MOVE: 5 BIG TRIVIAL FACTS YOU MUST KNOW! (howsmart.net)
- Heavens above! Church of England clergy demand a pay rise for the first time in history (Reuters)
- What’s my age again? South Koreans become younger overnight after the country scraps the ‘Korean age’ (CNN)
- Caesar Square: Rome to open ancient square where Julius Caesar was killed (Reuters)
More World News Quizzes
If you enjoyed the Summer 2023 global news trivia quiz, check out some of our other world-spanning current event quizzes:
- Bharat or India? The Name Game That’s Shaking Up Global Summits!
- Trump’s Georgia Indictment: 10 Trivia Tidbits You Didn’t Know You Needed
- Trump’s Third Indictment: A Trivia Twist on the Jan. 6 Capitol Caper
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.