Oct. 6, 2023.
Our weekly news quiz is back to test your knowledge of the latest news stories every Friday. From a House of Representatives historic first to a TikTok-Hollywood first and the latest in Beyonce’s universe, see how well you know what happened this week with the Oct. 6 News Quiz.
How to Play
- The quiz has 14 multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last week. You can take the quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and move on to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to play the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 7 minutes?
- If you want to print out the quiz, scroll down to find our PDF link. You can download the Oct. 6 News Quiz’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links.
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The Oct. 6 News Quiz (VIDEO)
14 current-event questions and fun facts based on the Oct. 6 news headlines in 7 minutes. How many can you ace?
This Week’s Questions (printable)
Here are some of the Oct. 6 news quiz questions:
- Who made history by being the first Speaker of the House to be voted out?
- In which year did women make history by casting their votes for the first time at the Catholic Church’s Synod of Bishops?
- When was former US President Carter born?
- What is “Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé” all about?
- Who is the Barbie doll holding a tambourine modeled after?
- Which Hollywood studio film was the first to be officially uploaded on TikTok (in 23 parts)?
The Oct. 6 News Quiz PDF is coming soon. Download our previous FREE News Quiz PDF here.
Sources and Extra Trivia Facts
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the Oct. 6 news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- McCarthy: Ousted as House Speaker in Historic Vote and Says He Won’t Run Again (nytimes.com)
- False Alarm: Jamaal Bowman Pulls Fire Alarm Before House Vote on Stopgap Spending Bill (nytimes.com)
- Pope Francis: Hints at a slight opening to blessings of same-sex couples (Reuters)
- Phenomenal statements: What We Know About New York’s Fraud Case Against Donald Trump (nytimes.com)
- Jimmy Carter: Admirers across generations celebrate the former president’s 99th birthday (AP News)
- Dianne Feinstein, 90, Dies; Oldest Sitting Senator and Fixture of California Politics (nytimes.com)
- 2Pac: Duane Keith Davis Is Charged With Murder in Tupac Shakur Case (nytimes.com)
- mRNA: Nobel Prize Awarded to Covid Vaccine Pioneers (nytimes.com)
- Sphere: Las Vegas and Its Big, Big Ambitions (nytimes.com)
- Bedbugs: France to hold crisis meetings over ‘scourge’ of bedbugs (france24.com)
- Hot iPhone: Apple identifies issues causing overheating in the iPhone 15 (Reuters)
- Stevie Nicks: Fleetwood Mac icon now has her own Barbie (CNN)
- Renaissance Film: Beyonce Drops Trailer for ‘Renaissance’ Concert Film (variety.com)
- A Hollywood First: Watch ‘Mean Girls’ for Free on TikTok in 23 Parts (variety.com)
If you enjoyed this week’s Oct. 6 news quiz, check out some of our other current event quizzes:
Our Recent Weekly News Quizzes
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.