Oct. 13, 2023.
Our weekly news quiz is back to test your knowledge of the latest news stories every Friday. From the Hamas attack on Israeli civilians to the Nobel Peace Prize and the latest TV news, see how well you know what happened this week with the Oct. 13 News Quiz.
How to Play
- The quiz has 11 multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last week. You can take the quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and move on to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to play the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 7 minutes?
- If you want to print out the quiz, scroll down to find our PDF link. You can download the Oct. 13 News Quiz’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links.
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The Oct. 13 News Quiz (VIDEO)
11 current-event questions and fun facts based on the Oct. 13 news headlines in 6 minutes. How many can you ace?
This Week’s Questions (printable)
Here are some of the Oct. 13 news quiz questions:
- Where’s the Al-Aqsa Mosque?
- What is a kibbutz?
- Where Does the Nobel Peace Prize Laureate of 2023 Reside?
- What’s Amazon’s Project Kuiper?
- Who shattered the world record for the fastest marathon run, and how fast did they do it?
- What marked the television debut of the legendary actor Robert De Niro?
- Dr. Frasier Crane, the snobbish yet lovable psychiatrist, first graced our screens in which classic sitcom?
The Oct. 13 News Quiz PDF is coming soon. Download our previous FREE News Quiz PDF here.
Sources and Extra Trivia Facts
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the Oct. 13 news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- Terror Attack: Hundreds die and hostages held as Hamas assault shocks Israel (The Guardian)
- Kfar Aza kibbutz attack: Children, women, elderly ‘butchered’ in Hamas attacks on border communities, IDF says (CNN)
- DSA: Social media urged to act on violent content after Hamas attack (The Guardian)
- Narges Mohammadi: A woman described as Iran’s “Nelson Mandela” wins the Nobel Peace Prize (economist.com)
- Amazon: Launches test satellites for its planned internet service to compete with SpaceX (AP News)
- 2023 Chicago Marathon: Kelvin Kiptum breaks a world record (NPR)
- Red Dye 3: California is the first state to ban 4 food additives for cancer and other health risks (NPR)
- Robert De Niro: Takes on Argentine swear words and steak in new TV dramedy (Reuters)
- Royal Design: How the Queen of Denmark Shaped the Look of Netflix’s “Ehrengard: The Art of Seduction” (nytimes.com)
- Frasier: ‘When Kelsey calls, you say yes!’ Sitcom legend James Burrows on returning to Frasier (The Guardian)
- Play Dead: How Female Frogs Fight Off the Mating Ball (nytimes.com)
If you enjoyed this week’s Oct. 13 news quiz, check out some of our other current event quizzes:
Our Recent Weekly News Quizzes
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.