Daily 2021 Extreme Weather climate quiz: The summer of 2021 saw some very violent weather events. When was the world’s highest temperature recorded? What are flash floods? What’s a megadrought? And what’s the right temperature for your thermostat this summer? Take this climate quiz to find out.
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More quizzes for you:
- August Entertainment News Round-Up Super Quiz
- Show Me the Banksy: 5 Banksy Quiz Questions
- 10 Classic TV Trivia Questions & Answers With a 2021 Catch
- Tokyo Olympics 2021 Super Quiz
- Billionaires in Space: 2021 Rich Space Tourism Quiz
- The 2021 Trillion Dollar Quiz: How Many Zeros In a Trillion?
- Outer Space quiz: To the Moon, Mars, and beyond!
- How American Are You Quiz
- How British Are You Quiz
More on the Summer of 2021 Extreme Weather Events Climate Quiz Facts:
- 2020 is Tied With 2016 as Hottest Year Ever on Record (nytimes.com)
- Pacific Northwest Bakes in Record-Setting Heat Wave (nytimes.com)
- What Is a Megadrought? (nytimes.com)
- Texas Power Grid, Strained Last Winter, Now Faces an Early Heat Wave (nytimes.com)
- How Climate Change Has Battered the West Before Summer Even Begins (nytimes.com)
- Merkel tours ‘surreal’ flood scene, vows aid, climate action (apnews.com)
- ‘It’s terrifying’: Merkel shook as flood deaths rise to 188 in Europe (Reuters)
- What Are Flash Floods? Here Are Some Safety and Preparation Tips (nytimes.com)
- Florida’s ‘red tide’ killing hundreds of tons of fish (The Independent)
- Death Valley, California, breaks the all-time world heat record for the second year in a row (Yale Climate Connections)
- Summer of extremes: floods, heat, and fire (WMO.int)
- As Frozen Land Burns, Siberia Trembles (nytimes.com)
- Global sizzling: July was the hottest month on record, NOAA says (apnews.com)