Aug. 22, 2022.
Our weekly current events trivia challenge is off for the summer, but the news is not. Here is our News Quiz of the
Week Month: Test your knowledge of August 2022 news and current events trivia and the last 30 days’ headlines. In political news: Where was Ivana Trump buried? In Tennis: Why is Serena Williams stepping away from tennis? And in health: What’s spastic diplegia? Make sure you know what happened this week and this month. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers returns in September.
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Current Events Quizzes for August 2022
- Google’s Gemini: The AI Powerhouse Shaking Up the Tech World
- 2023 Unwrapped: A Trivia Journey Through the Year’s Most Fascinating Moments
- 2023 Around the World: Discover, Learn, and Challenge
- Celebrity Deaths 2022 – Memorial Quiz
- DC Comics Quiz
- The Batman Quiz 2022
- US Quiz 2022
- Japan Quiz 2022
- New York City Quiz 2022
- Earth Quiz 2022
- Netflix Quiz
- World Records Quiz 2022
- Famous World Monuments Quiz
- 200+ Political News Questions
The August 2022 News Trivia VIDEO QUIZ
13 Questions, 30 Seconds per question. How many news questions can you answer in seven minutes?
Sources for the August 2022 News Quiz
Our current-events trivia facts are cross-checked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this
week’s month’s news quiz. Here are our summer reading recommendations.
- Will Ivana help Donald Trump with tax breaks from beyond the grave? (The Guardian)
- Serena Williams Will Retire Tennis Just as She Played — on Her Own Terms (nytimes.com)
- Anne Heche’s death ruled accidental after a fiery car crash (The Guardian)
- Tensions grow in Colorado River negotiations (latimes.com)
- Bill Russell, basketball great, dies at 88 (The Washington Post)
- Nichelle Nichols, Uhura in the Star Trek franchise, dies at 89 (The Washington Post)
- Beyoncé to remove an offensive word from a new song (AP News)
- Iran arrests members of Baha’i faith on spying charge (AP News)
- Where Does Batgirl’s Cancellation Leave Ben Affleck’s Batman? (screenrant.com)
- Lyft Unveils Self-Driving Car Service in Las Vegas – With Caveats (nytimes.com)
- ‘Wednesday’: First Look Addams Family From Netflix Series (Deadline)
- Japan launches nationwide competition to boost alcohol consumption (The Guardian)
- A look at the world’s skinniest skyscraper: Steinway Tower (AP News)
The August 2022 News Quiz Questions
Here’s a complete list of our August 2022 news and current events quiz questions.
Who was the NBA's first Black coach?
Photo: Unknown author, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons, colorizedBill Russell.Wilt Chamberlain.Julius Erving (Dr. J)Red Auerbach.
Which TV show featured the first kiss between a white man and a Black woman to be broadcast in a US series?
Screenshot: Paramount Pictures.Batman.Star Trek.Mission: Impossible.I Love Lucy.
What's spastic diplegia?
Screenshot: Beyoncé on YouTubeA chronic metabolic condition.A chronic mental condition.A dance move.A chronic neuromuscular condition.
What is the largest religious minority in Iran?
Image: Emblems of Belief - National Cemetery Administration (va.gov), Public domainThe Baháʼí community.The Jewish community.Christians.Zoroastrians.
Where was Ivana Trump buried?
Photo: Christopher Peterson at English Wikipedia, CC BY 3.0, via Wikimedia CommonsMar-a-Lago.The Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey.Trump Tower.Trump International Hotel Las Vegas.
Who plays Batman in the upcoming 2023 DC Universe films?Just Ben Affleck.Ben Affleck and Robert Pattinson.Michael Keaton and Robert Pattinson.Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton.
Why did Serena Williams step away from tennis after the US Open?
Screenshot: WTA on YouTubeTo start a new medical career.To focus on her wellness.To run for a political office.To focus on having a second child.
Which two 90s movies feature Anne Heche and Vince Vaughn?
Screenshot: Universal PicturesThe Green Mile and To Die For.Dead Man Walking and Cape Fear.Return to Paradise and Psycho.Just Cause and I Know What You Did Last Summer.
How many US states share the Colorado River water?
Photo: SpaceEconomist192, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons188.8.131.52.
Which is the only company that offers a driverless taxi service?Lyft.Waymo (owned by Alphabet).Uber.Intel.
Who's the director behind Netflix's new Addams Family series, "Wednesday"?
Screenshot: Wednesday / NetflixThe Addams Family live-action film director.The Addams Family animated film director.The Beetlejuice director.The original Addams Family TV series director.
Why did Japan launch a nationwide campaign to boost (!) alcohol consumption?
Screenshot: sakebiba.jpBecause of its social contribution.Because of its health benefits.To increase births.To increase tax revenues.
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes