Aug. 22, 2022.
Our weekly current events trivia challenge is off for the summer, but the news is not. Here is our News Quiz of the
Week Month: Test your knowledge of August 2022 news and current events trivia and the last 30 days’ headlines. In political news: Where was Ivana Trump buried? In Tennis: Why is Serena Williams stepping away from tennis? And in health: What’s spastic diplegia? Make sure you know what happened this week and this month. Our weekly news trivia game with the week’s best trivia questions and answers returns in September.
Take the Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
Like the Quiz?
Please consider subscribing to our FREE 😎 newsletter and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.
More Current Events Quizzes for August 2022
- Sept. 23 News Quiz of the Week: Royal Funeral First
- Facebook Quiz: Super Meta Questions (2022)
- Sept. 16 News Quiz of the Week: Final Royal Good-Bye
- Celebrity Deaths 2022 – Memorial Quiz
- DC Comics Quiz
- The Batman Quiz 2022
- US Quiz 2022
- Japan Quiz 2022
- New York City Quiz 2022
- Earth Quiz 2022
- Netflix Quiz
- World Records Quiz 2022
- Famous World Monuments Quiz
- 200+ Political News Questions
The August 2022 News Trivia VIDEO QUIZ
13 Questions, 30 Seconds per question. How many news questions can you answer in seven minutes?
Sources for the August 2022 News Quiz
Our current-events trivia facts are cross-checked with the world’s top news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this
week’s month’s news quiz. Here are our summer reading recommendations.
- Will Ivana help Donald Trump with tax breaks from beyond the grave? (The Guardian)
- Serena Williams Will Retire Tennis Just as She Played — on Her Own Terms (nytimes.com)
- Anne Heche’s death ruled accidental after a fiery car crash (The Guardian)
- Tensions grow in Colorado River negotiations (latimes.com)
- Bill Russell, basketball great, dies at 88 (The Washington Post)
- Nichelle Nichols, Uhura in the Star Trek franchise, dies at 89 (The Washington Post)
- Beyoncé to remove an offensive word from a new song (AP News)
- Iran arrests members of Baha’i faith on spying charge (AP News)
- Where Does Batgirl’s Cancellation Leave Ben Affleck’s Batman? (screenrant.com)
- Lyft Unveils Self-Driving Car Service in Las Vegas – With Caveats (nytimes.com)
- ‘Wednesday’: First Look Addams Family From Netflix Series (Deadline)
- Japan launches nationwide competition to boost alcohol consumption (The Guardian)
- A look at the world’s skinniest skyscraper: Steinway Tower (AP News)
The August 2022 News Quiz Questions
Here’s a complete list of our August 2022 news and current events quiz questions.
Who was the NBA's first Black coach?
Photo: Unknown author, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons, colorized
Which TV show featured the first kiss between a white man and a Black woman to be broadcast in a US series?
Screenshot: Paramount Pictures.
What's spastic diplegia?
Screenshot: Beyoncé on YouTube
What is the largest religious minority in Iran?
Image: Emblems of Belief - National Cemetery Administration (va.gov), Public domain
Who plays Batman in the upcoming 2023 DC Universe films?
Why is Serena Williams stepping away from tennis after the US Open?
Screenshot: WTA on YouTube
Which two 90s movies feature Anne Heche and Vince Vaughn?
Screenshot: Universal Pictures
Who's the director behind Netflix's new Addams Family series, "Wednesday"?
Screenshot: Wednesday / Netflix
Why did Japan launch a nationwide campaign to boost (!) alcohol consumption?
- Women’s History Month 2022 Big Factbook | Printable PDF
- Download The Latest Printable Trivia Questions and Answers | PDF + PPTx
- Big Quiz of the Year 2021 – Awesome Printable Trivia and PPT
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Black History 2021/2022 Super Quiz: A Full Year of Trivia