Last updated on
Test your knowledge of pop culture and the entertainment world with our Summer 2023 Entertainment News Quiz. With 33 hot and new trivia questions from the past two months, you can dive into hot movie news, celebrity health updates, TV news, award show records, celebrity birthdays, celebrity deaths, tons of pop culture fun facts, and a few TV spoilers (No worries, they’re only in the last three questions).
How to Play
- The quiz has 33 multiple-choice questions and answers about the entertainment news headlines of the last 60 days.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and scroll down to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to play the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 17 minutes?
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Summer 2023 Entertainment News Quiz
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The Summer 2023 Entertainment News Video Quiz
33 Questions about this summer’s movies, TV, music, award shows, and celebrity trivia. How many entertainment trivia questions can you ace in 17 minutes?
More Entertainment News Quizzes for You
If you liked our Summer 2023 Entertainment quiz, you should definitely try these showbiz trivia games:
Sources and more Summer 2023 Entertainment Fun Facts
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the Summer 2023 Entertainment trivia quiz. We recommend them for further reading.
These are the film industry headlines that inspired the first batch of questions in our Summer 2023 Entertainment Quiz.
- ‘Little Mermaid’: Melissa McCarthy Brings Ursula Song to CinemaCon (Variety) | Disney’s Little Mermaid: 5 Fun Facts (howsmart.net)
- Black or White? Upset by Black Cleopatra, Egypt plans counterprogramming (latimes.com)
- Spider-verse: All the ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Easter Eggs and Cameos (Variety) | 8 Web-Slinging ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Facts (howsmart.net)
- ‘The Flash’: All the Wild A-List Cameos Revealed (Spoiler Alert!) (people.com) | A Multiverse of The Flash Trivia Facts (howsmart.net)
- Superman: Legacy: David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan to play leads (The Guardian) | Unveiling 6 Superman: Legacy Trivia Super Facts (howsmart.net)
These are the TV industry headlines that inspired the next part of our Summer 2023 Entertainment Quiz.
- New Job: Ryan Seacrest to Succeed Pat Sajak as ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Host (nytimes.com)
- Black Mirror: New trailer promises big stars and big shocks (The Guardian) | 7 Urgent Black Mirror Trivia Facts (howsmart.net)
- Eurovision 2023: Sweden’s Loreen wins for a second time (Reuters)
- BAFTA TV Awards 2023: A Night of Surprises, Triumphs, and a Dancing Queen (howsmart.net)
These two headlines inspired the celebrity health part of our Summer 2023 Entertainment Quiz.
- Fergie Talk: Duchess of York recovering after breast cancer op (BBC News)
- Tourette: Lewis Capaldi takes tour break to ‘adjust to impact’ of Tourette syndrome (Reuters)
Celebrity Births and Birthdays
These are the celebrity headlines that inspired this Guess the Celebrity Age part of our Summer 2023 Entertainment Quiz.
- At 81: Martha Stewart is Sports Illustrated’s oldest swimsuit model (latimes.com) | Martha Stewart’s SI Swimsuit Cover in 6 Record Breaking Facts (howsmart.net)
- Big Daddy: Robert De Niro, at 79, becomes a father for the 7th time (AP News)
- Late Boomer: Al Pacino, 83, Is Expecting a Baby With Girlfriend Noor Alfallah (today.com)
- At 30: Ariana Grande shares sweet message to younger self in throwback photo: ‘hbd, tiny!’ – (Good Morning America)
- Kylie Minogue at 55: why we just can’t get the singer out of our heads (The Guardian)
- Nelson at 90: Neil Young and Snoop Dogg joined Willie Nelson for a 90th birthday concert (NPR) | 7 Amazing Facts about Willie Nelson (howsmart.net)
These are some of the notable people the entertainment world lost in the summer of 2023.
- Jerry Springer: 12 Incredible Jerry Springer Trivia Facts (howsmart.net)
- Goodnight possum! Tributes to Dame Edna creator Barry Humphries (The Guardian) | 8 Cool Barry Humphries Trivia Facts (howsmart.net)
- Treat Williams: Actor Known for ‘Hair’ and ‘Everwood,’ Dies at 71 (nytimes.com)
- Simply the Best: Tina Turner, Magnetic Singer of Explosive Power, Is Dead at 83 (nytimes.com)
Pop Culture Fun Facts
These are the industry headlines that inspired the next part of our Summer 2023 Entertainment Quiz.
- Say it 3 times: ‘Beetlejuice 2’ Sets 2024 Release Date (Variety)
- Book Review: ‘Pageboy: A Memoir,’ by Elliot Page (nytimes.com)
- ‘Kraven the Hunter’ Trailer: Sony’s Spider-Man Villain Origin Story (Variety)
- Samantha’s Call: Kim Cattrall Will Play Samantha Jones on ‘And Just Like That’ Season 2 (Variety)
- Met Gala 2023: Here’s What Happened at the Celebration of Karl Lagerfeld (nytimes.com) | The 2023 Met Gala: 8 Fun Trivia Facts (howsmart.net)
- AI Beatles: Sir Paul McCartney says artificial intelligence has enabled a ‘final’ Beatles song (BBC News)
- 150 Shows: Billy Joel to end his record-breaking concert series at Madison Square Garden in 2024 (AP News)
- Touring Wizard: The sun goes down on Elton John’s UK touring career with record-breaking Glastonbury set (BBC News)
TV Spoilers Ahead
These are the TV headlines that inspired the final part of our Summer 2023 Entertainment Quiz.
- ‘The Walking Dead: Dead City’ review: Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Lauren Cohan breathe life into the Manhattan spinoff (CNN)
- ‘Squid Game’: Castmembers for Season 2 (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ‘Succession’ Series Finale Recap: The Dotted Line (nytimes.com)
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.