Jan. 13, 2023.
Make sure you didn’t miss anything important that happened this week with the best trivia questions and answers on current worldwide events. Test your knowledge of the headlines of the first week of 2023 with the Jan. 13 News Quiz of the Week. The Friday Weekly News Quiz has multiple-choice questions and answers about the week’s events. Take it online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party. In the UK: What is Britain’s fastest-selling nonfiction book ever? In politics: How many classified documents were discovered by Biden’s attorneys? And in the Golden Globes: Which animal did Colin Farrell thank onstage?
Take the Weekly News Quiz
▶️ Play the Jan. 13 News Quiz VIDEO QUIZ
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
More Current Event Quizzes for this Weekend
- June 9 News Quiz: Who Bombed Ukraine’s Dam?
- June 2 News Quiz: How long has Erdogan been ruling Turkey?
- May 19 News Quiz: WTF did Musk do THIS week?
Play the Jan. 13 News Quiz VIDEO
11 Multiple-choice current event questions, 30 seconds per answer. How many questions can you answer in just under 6 minutes?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for trivia games and updates
This Week in the News
The facts on the Jan. 13 News Quiz of the Week are crosschecked with the world’s finest news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. The following articles inspired this week’s news quiz. Consider it as our weekend reading recommendations.
- Biden ‘surprised’ government records found at his old office (AP News)
- Brazil authorities seek to punish pro-Bolsonaro rioters (AP News)
- Microsoft eyes $10 billion bet on ChatGPT owner (Semafor)
- Prince Harry’s autobiography Spare is UK’s fastest-selling nonfiction book (The Guardian)
- Prince Harry’s book exposes grief, war, drugs, and family rifts (AP News)
- Kate Middleton receives sweet birthday message from King Charles and Camilla amid Harry’s memoir release (The Independent)
- Elon Musk suffers worst loss of fortune in history amid “market madness” (Guinness World Records)
- Golden Globes 2023 Winners List: Fabelmans, Banshees Lead Awards (Variety)
- Avatar: The Way Of Water’ Flies Past $1.7B Global (Deadline)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania trailer reveals MODOK will be played by a familiar face (yahoo.com)
- Ronaldo set to face PSG, Messi in his first game in Saudi Arabia (AP News)
The Jan. 13 News Quiz Questions (Printable)
Here’s the complete list of current events trivia questions and multiple-choice answers from the Jan. 13 News Quiz of the Week. Feel free to copy the list for your weekly trivia gathering. Download this week’s FREE PDF (all questions on one page, with separate pages for answers and links to sources)!
How many classified documents were discovered by Biden's attorneys in his old office in November 2022?
Screenshot: CNBC Television - YouTube
Which historical world record did Elon Musk break in 2022?
Screenshot: Inner Vision - YouTube
Which tech giant owns part of OpenAI?
What did rioters do to this iconic statue outside the Supreme Court in Brazil?
Photo: Mariordo (Mario Roberto Durán Ortiz), CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons
What is the UK’s fastest-selling nonfiction book ever?
Screenshot: ITV News - YouTube
Who wrote the famous quote: “The past is never dead. It’s not even past”?
Photo: Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, Carl Van Vechten Collection, [reproduction number, e.g., LC-USZ62-54231]
How old is Kate Middleton in 2023?
Photo: Paolo Roversi via Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on Instagram.
Who did Colin Farrell NOT thank in his 2023 Golden Globes acceptance speech?
Screenshot: The Banshees of Inisherin / Searchlight Pictures
What is the title of the most recent "Avatar" movie?
Screenshot: 20th Century Studios
In the Marvel universe, what does MODOK stand for?
Screenshot: Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania
What team will Cristiano Ronaldo face in his first game in Saudi Arabia?
Screenshot: KSA Sports TV - YouTube
- The 2023 Black History Trivia Super Quizzes: A Full Year of Questions and Answers
- A Full Year of Quiz Questions | Best 2022 Printable Trivia
- Big Quiz of the Year 2022 | 22 Year-End Trivia Quizzes