May 12, 2023.
Our weekly news quiz tests your knowledge of the latest news stories every Friday. From King Charles’s Coronation and Trump’s assault and defamation trial to Tucker Carlson’s Twitter comeback and the Lord of the Rings butterfly, see how well you know what happened this week with the May 12 News Quiz.
How to Play
- The quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last seven days. You can take the quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and move on to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to play the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 6 minutes?
- If you want to print out the quiz, scroll down to find our PDF link. You can download the May 12 News Quiz’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links.
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The May 12 News Quiz (VIDEO)
12 current-events questions and fun facts in 6 minutes. How many can you ace?
This Week’s Questions (printable)
Here are some of the May 12 news quiz questions:
- Who did King Charles III swear to serve?
- Who won Trump’s assault trial?
- Where’s Tucker Carlson planning a comeback?
- Which newspaper was Pierce Morgan the editor of?
- How many kids does Robert De Niro have?
Download this week’s FREE News Quiz PDF here.
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the May 12 news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- Coronation 2023: Order of Service for the Coronation of King Charles (CNN) | Coronation Fun Facts (HowSmart.net)
- Trump Verdict: Jury Finds Trump Liable for Sexual Abuse and Defamation (nytimes.com) | Trump Trial Facts (HowSmart.net)
- Liar Liar: Rep. George Santos charged with federal criminal offenses, AP sources say (AP News) | George Santos Fact (HowSmart.net)
- The Carlson Show: Tucker Carlson announces Twitter show. Elon Musk tweets cool welcome. (The Washington Post) | Tucker Carlson’s Fox exit facts (HowSmart.net)
- Morgan Denies: Piers Morgan knew of phone hacking when at the Mirror, high court hears (The Guardian)
- ‘Oppenheimer’ Trailer: Albert Einstein Is in New Look at Nolan Movie (Variety) | Oppenheimer movie facts (HowSmart.net)
- Sauron’s Eye: New Butterfly Group Is Named After ‘Lord of the Rings’ Villain Sauron (WSJ) | Sauron butterflies facts (HowSmart.net)
- Black or White? Upset by Black Cleopatra, Egypt plans counterprogramming (latimes.com)
- The novelist: Tom Hanks details a ‘Major Motion Picture Masterpiece’ in his first novel (The Washington Post)
- Say it 3 times: ‘Beetlejuice 2’ Sets 2024 Release Date (Variety)
- Eurovision 2023: Officially kicks off in Liverpool as Frankie Goes To Hollywood reunites for the opening ceremony (Sky News) | Frankie Goes to Hollywood comeback facts (HowSmart.net)
- Big Daddy: Robert De Niro, at 79, becomes a father for the 7th time (AP News)
If you enjoyed this week’s May 12 news quiz, check out some of our other current event quizzes:
Our Previous Weekly Quizzes
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.