Sept. 22, 2023.
Our weekly news quiz is back to test your knowledge of the latest news stories every Friday. From a missing $80 million weapon in the US and an ancient letter to the Pope to the latest in iPhone iOS and public embarrassments, see how well you know what happened this week with the Sept. 22 News Quiz.
How to Play
- The quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last week. You can take the quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and move on to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to play the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 6 minutes?
- If you want to print out the quiz, scroll down to find our PDF link. You can download the Sept. 22 News Quiz’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links.
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The Sept. 22 News Quiz (VIDEO)
12 current-event questions and fun facts based on the Sept. 22 news headlines in 6 minutes. How many can you ace?
This Week’s Questions (printable)
Here are some of the Sept. 22 news quiz questions:
- In Sept. 2023, why did the US Military turn to the public for assistance?
- Who was the Catholic Church’s head during WWII?
- How old is the Palace of Versailles?
- What horrible claims does Russell Brand face?
- What’s the newly added “Check In” feature in iOS 17?
- Which film is the highest-grossing biopic in movie history?
Download the Sept. 22 FREE News Quiz PDF here.
Sources and Extra Trivia Facts
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the Sept. 22 news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- Stealthy Jet Missing: F-35 fighter jet missing after crash in Charleston, S.C. (The Washington Post)
- Pope Pius XII: Likely Knew of Holocaust, Newly Discovered Letter Suggests (nytimes.com)
- Khalistan: Explainer: what’s behind the growing tensions between Canada and India? (The Guardian)
- The Versailles Palace: Celebrates its 400th anniversary and hosts King Charles III for state dinner (AP News)
- Russell Brand: Accused of rape and sexual assault (BBC News)
- Baltic Power: Latvia Gets New Prime Minister Evika Silina (Bloomberg)
- iOS 17 release: Everything you need to know about Apple’s big updates (The Guardian) | Apple iPhone 15 & iOS 17 Trivia: Fun Facts & Features (howsmart.net)
- Elon Musk: Twitter, now X, is to charge all users subscription fees (The Guardian) | Musk Biography Unmasked: 16 Trivia Tidbits From Isaacson’s Tell-All! (howsmart.net)
- Google: Rolls out a major expansion of its Bard AI chatbot (CNN)
- Taylor Swift: Partners with Google for a vault song reveal — but it seems there’s been a ‘Glitch’ (nbcnews.com)
- Oppenheimer: Surpasses $900 Million at Worldwide Box Office (Variety) | Christopher Nolan’s ‘Oppenheimer’: 4 Atomic Fun Facts (howsmart.net)
- ‘Dream Scenario’ Trailer: Nicolas Cage Becomes the World’s Meme (Variety)
If you enjoyed this week’s Sept. 22 news quiz, check out some of our other current event quizzes:
Our Recent Weekly News Quizzes
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.