June 30, 2023.
Our weekly news quiz tests your knowledge of the latest news stories every Friday. From the rebellion attempt in Russia and Trump’s secret documents tape to new DC superheroes and the tech titans cage fight, see how well you know what happened this week with the June 30 News Quiz.
How to Play
- The quiz has 14 multiple-choice questions and answers about the biggest headlines of the last seven days. You can take the quiz online, play the video quiz, or print it out for your weekly trivia party.
- If the online quiz doesn’t start automatically, click the below button. You will see each question with four possible answers. Choose the best answer to see if you’re correct, read the explanation or skip it, and move on to the next question. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and how it compares with that of other users.
- If you prefer to play the video quiz, scroll down. You will have 30 seconds to answer each question. How many questions can you answer in 6 minutes?
- If you want to print out the quiz, scroll down to find our PDF link. You can download the June 30 News Quiz’s FREE PDF with all the questions on one page and separate pages for answers and links.
Ready? Let’s go!
Take the Weekly News Quiz!
Found a mistake? Tell us!
Come back tomorrow for another quiz!
The June 30 News Quiz (VIDEO)
14 current-events questions and fun facts in 7 minutes. How many can you ace?
This Week’s Questions (printable)
Here are some of the June 30 news quiz questions:
- How close did the rogue Wagner troops get to Moscow?
- Donald Trump shared the Pentagon’s plans to attack which country?
- Who’s behind the mic on The Tea Talks podcast?
- How old is pop princess Ariana Grande?
- Which of these shows did Rachel Brosnahan star in before turning Lois Lane?
- What’s Ryan Seacrest’s next job?
- How are Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk planning to work their differences out?
Download this week’s FREE News Quiz PDF here.
Sources and Extra Trivia Facts
We cross-checked our facts with reputable news outlets, research centers, and NGOs. These articles inspired the June 30 news quiz. We recommend them for weekend reading.
- Wagner Down: How a Rebellion in Russia Unfolded Over 36 Hours (nytimes.com) | Putin’s Chef Cooks Up a Rebellion Trivia Fest (howsmart.net)
- The Trump Tape: In an audio recording, Trump was heard discussing sensitive Iran document (The Washington Post) | Trump’s Classified Documents Turned Trivia (howsmart.net)
- How is Trump the odd one? More than 100 US political elites have family links to slavery (reuters.com)
- Greece Election: Kyriakos Mitsotakis Claims ‘Strong Mandate’ With Win (nytimes.com)
- What’s my age again? South Koreans become younger overnight after the country scraps the ‘Korean age’ (CNN)
- Fergie Talk: Duchess of York recovering after breast cancer op (BBC News)
- Tourette: Lewis Capaldi takes tour break to ‘adjust to impact’ of Tourette syndrome (Reuters)
- Hip-hop at 50: BET Awards show honors Busta Rhymes, hip-hop’s 50 years and pays tribute to Takeoff and Tina Turner (AP News)
- Touring Wizard: The sun goes down on Elton John’s UK touring career with record-breaking Glastonbury set (BBC News)
- European Record: Klimt’s ‘Lady With a Fan’ Brings $108.4 Million, Auction Record for the Artist (nytimes.com)
- At 30: Ariana Grande shares sweet message to younger self in throwback photo: ‘hbd, tiny!’ (Good Morning America)
- Superman: Legacy: David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan to play leads (The Guardian) | “Superman: Legacy” – the Trivia (howsmart.net)
- New Job: Ryan Seacrest to Succeed Pat Sajak as ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Host (nytimes.com)
- Cage Fight: Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg’s fight started before Meta’s Twitter rival (The Washington Post) | Musk vs. Zuckerberg: 4 Cage Fight Fun Facts (howsmart.net)
If you enjoyed this week’s June 30 news quiz, check out some of our other current event quizzes:
Our Recent Weekly News Quizzes
Like the Quiz?
Don’t forget to subscribe
to our FREE 😎 newsletter
and never miss a quiz!
You can always unsubscribe later.